Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Durango-- family needs lodging recommendations!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27th, 2005, 05:22 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need hotel/condo recommendations in Durango for a family of five. We would like a place where there is at least one separate bedroom. We would also like a pool and laundry facilities.

Thanks again.
Old Apr 30th, 2005, 06:40 AM

Jeanned
How locked in are you to a pool? Last summer our family (4) had an Italian exchange student staying with us
(F18), so we had to expande out usual lodging needs from the typical two queen beds room. We found a condo a few easy miles north of Durango on the road to Silverton, that was fantastic. It was huge! three bedrooms three baths, kitchen living room, tv's everyplace, washer dryer, quiet, clean, and you could see the train go by twice a day right out the front door. It is about 10 easy minutes north of town. If you will have a car, and I am sure you must in Colorado, it is not bad at all to drive. If you are interested drop me an e-mail at the address and I wil dig out the name and address of the owner. It was very reasonable, particularly when compared to two rooms at a hotel.
Old May 1st, 2005, 04:21 PM

Hello jeanned. I have reservations in the fall at the Ferringway Condos, ferringway.com. Although I've never stayed there, they look nice and spacious and about a mile or so out of the main town, which is no problem because we have a car. They have both one and two bedroom units. When compared to the price of two regular hotel rooms, this seems like quite a deal.

Hope this helps.
Happy travels!
Old May 1st, 2005, 06:25 PM
Original Poster

a condo would be fine but it seems difficult to rent one for just three days??? we definitely want a pool so that my older children can swim while the baby sleeps.

Kopp, does ferringway have a pool? i'll check into it.

Thanks.
Old May 2nd, 2005, 05:16 AM

I agree that most condos want more than a couple days. But this place rents for as many or as few days as you want (we're there 3 nights only). And yes, they do have a pool. Sure seems good to me.

My initial email to them was answered promptly, and the person who followed up with a phone call was very courteous.

I don't know if anyone else on this board has stayed here, but sometimes you just have to make a judgement and go where you think best fits your needs. This place seems to fit our bill. Perhaps it will for you as well.

I also had looked at vrbo.com, but most of those were up in the mountains near Purgatory, which was too high of an elevation for my parents. So that's why we chose this place closer into town.

Happy travels!