Search

Duke Gardens

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12th, 2004, 12:37 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Duke Gardens

Will the Duke Gardens at Duke University be in bloom in mid-March?

Thanks, Amie
Old Feb 12th, 2004, 02:57 PM

It all depends on what kind of weather we get down here. If it starts to warm up early then there is a good chance that something will be blooming in mid-March, even if it's just daffodils. Most likely though there will not be much in bloom until early April. It's still worth the visit even if things aren't blooming just to see the trees, ponds, and birds. Plus, if you're in the area see if you can visit the Primate Center at Duke. You have to schedule visits ahead of time, but it's worth it to see one of the largest collections of lemurs in the world.
Old Feb 12th, 2004, 03:15 PM
GoTravel

Duke University is one of the most stunningly beautiful college campuses I've ever seen.

Unfortunately, my high school grades excluded me from doing anything at Duke but visiting.

Old Feb 12th, 2004, 03:44 PM
Cassandra

They pretty much plan Duke Gardens so that something is pretty year-round. My daffodil shoots are already up about 4" and that's about on schedule for now, maybe a tad late. Mid-March can be just lovely if we are blessed with some warm weather. But the gardens are worth walking around any time.

Old Feb 12th, 2004, 06:46 PM

Being a rival UNC grad, I will refrain reluctantly from commenting on the school itself, but I do like to do a lot of photography over at Duke Gardens. As others have said, it is a good place for a walk any time of year. Check out Chapel Hill while you are around if you get a chance.
Old Feb 12th, 2004, 07:17 PM
GoTravel

Dan, you 'heels always get cranky about the Blue Devils during round ball season!