Reload this Page >

Driving time between Bryce & Moab

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 25th, 2002, 01:01 PM
Bert

We will be visiting Utah in July. How much time should we allow to go from Bryce NP to Moab (via Hwy 12, 24 and I-70 to 191)) and from Moab (via Monument Vallley) to the Grand Canyon? Any information will be welcomed to help me with my itinerary! Thanks

Old May 25th, 2002, 01:11 PM
xxx

Bert: This exact question was just asked and answered on 5/23/02!
All you need to do is type Moab in the search box and enter.
You will find a lot of information if you search. Good luck!

Old May 25th, 2002, 03:30 PM
Bert

Hi,

I followed your suggestion to be more specific but did not see the message you referred to - the last entry under a Moab search was 5/15/02. However I did fine a similiar question on 5/12/00. I've also found some good folks to share helpful info with me.

Old May 25th, 2002, 10:46 PM
Utahtea

Driving from Bryce to Moab you will want to spend at the very least one day getting to Capitol Reef, one day at Capitol Reef and then if you want to do Gobblin State Park plan the better part of a day from Capitol Reef to Moab.

From Moab to Grand Canyon via Monument Valley you will want to spend at least one night at Monument Valley but two would be better so you can take a tour of Monument Valley.

I would also suggest one day for Canyonlands, Needle District near Monticello, Utah if you have the time.

I hope you plan on at least three days in Moab to see all the sites.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Utahtea

Old May 27th, 2002, 01:41 PM
judith

try "how long to drive? moab to bryce" post.

Old May 28th, 2002, 09:21 AM
Bert

Hi Utahtea,

Thanks for your helpful info! I've added Capitol Reef and Monument Valley to our itinerary.

We only have 1 more decision to make and that is to choose between Sedona or Lake Powell - any thoughts? Thanks again, B.

Old May 28th, 2002, 09:25 AM
BERT

Yes, I now see the post on driving time that was posted 2 days before mine. I entered "Moah Utah" and the post similiar to mine does not appear, however if you type in Moab it does appear. Obviously had I seen the 5/23 post I would not have posted my question.

Old May 28th, 2002, 09:30 AM
ss

About 280 miles Bryce to Moab. Actual drive time about 7 hours. Should take a day for the trip in order to spend some time in Capitol Reef.
About 150 miles Moab to Monument Valley - about 3 1/2 hours. If you leave Moab in the early evening you could overnight in Mexican Hat. Take a morning half day tour of the Valley and you could be in Gr. Canyon by late afternoon.
About 160 miles Monument Valley to South Rim. Again about 3 1/2 hours.

Old May 28th, 2002, 02:41 PM
PHW

Bert: where will you be driving to Sedona or Lake Powell from? How much time to you have to fit either one in?
When you look at your Arizona map, you will see that Sedona is about 150 miles south of Page & Lake Powell.
Along with the tours available at Lake Powell (rainbow bridge #1), there are dinner cruises, damm tours,etc. At Page there are also the Antelope Canyons to explore. See what fits into your planned route the best.

Old May 29th, 2002, 03:31 AM
Bert

Thanks everyone for the wonderful help! We will be leaving Monument Valley early in the morning and heading out to either Lake Powell or Sedona for one night before going back to Las Vegas to fly out.