Reload this Page >

Driving from PA to Disney, Need help!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 06:44 AM
Margie

We will be going to Disney in April with our two little girls. They don't enjoy driving that much, so it will be a challenge. I would like to now where would be a good place for us to spend one night on our way down and coming back up. How much would I spent (average). Have you done it? How did it go? Would you doit again? Please let me know. Thank you so much.

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 07:21 AM
darby

It sure would help to know the route you're taking! Are you traveling on I-95, I-77 or what???

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 07:24 AM
JTA

What area of PA are you departing from and what is your intended route? I-95 south is the most popular (and most direct), but there's not much to see. I would recommend lots of car games and hopefully you have a VCR mounted in the back of the car for the kids. I live in Maryland, and it takes about 14 hours from here to drive straight through to Orlando. Last time I did the drive, I stayed over in South Carolina, which was about the halfway point. If you are an AAA member, ask them to do a "trip tik" for you showing both the scenic route and the most direct route. You can always go off the beaten path for a bit in order to see something neat and/or educational. Pedro's South of the Border is neither, but the kids will probably insist on stopping after seeing all of the billboards posted along I-95!

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 07:28 AM
Margie

We are planning to take Route 95, Thanks

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 07:28 AM
Rachel

I consider 12 hours the maximum drive time. Vacation time is too short to lose 4 days of it in the car for me. One thing we invested in to help on long rides is a car VCR/TV for the car. We did this long before there were cars equiped with TV/VCRs.You can get one for about $200 at Walmart, BJ's, maybe even less at any closing k-marts. If your car doesn't have a TV, this will make it much better-kids can watch videos, and my kids assure me that you could even set up playstation, nintendo, etc to the TV also.

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 07:30 AM
Margie

...and we live in Gettysburg, PA wich is vary close to Baltimore, MD.

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 07:36 AM
inter

You're really going to have to get more specific, but I'll take a shot at this.

I have experience with two Ramadas on I-95 -- one good, one bad.

The Ramada in Santee SC is a good bargain. Rooms are clean, nice and in the $50-$55 range. Excellent free breakfast.

The Ramada in Dunn NC is a dump, for about the same price as the one in Santee. Peeling wallpaper, shabby overall. And the free breakfast is minimal and served in a dining room that has all the charm and brightness of the cafeteria at San Quentin.

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 08:06 AM
lisa

How old are your daughters? Some of us may have ideas for keeping them occupied...

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 08:07 AM
xxx

Why drive I95? Why not take I81 south through the Shenandoah Valley to I77 into North Carolina, then I85 to Atlanta where it merges with I75. Then I75 to the Florida Turnpike.

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 08:08 AM
Margie

Oh man! I sure left a lot of information out, didn't I. My girls ages are 6 and 2.

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 08:39 AM
TT

tt

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 10:37 AM
xx