Driving directions from Ft. Lauderdale to Key Largo

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2nd, 2003, 05:55 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had no luck using map websites to try to find the best way between these two destinations without going through Miami. Can anybody tell me the best way to leave Thrifty car rental and get to the turnpike? I think that's a much faster trip than taking A1A to the Keys, but there are a couple tricky turns in Ft. Lauderdale that we seem to have trouble with.
Old Mar 2nd, 2003, 06:02 AM

The simplest is to get on I-595 which runs right along the north edge of the Ft. Lauderdale airport and go west until you run into the Turnpike. Couldn't be easier. I'm not exactly sure where Thrifty is, but it is certainly very easy access to I-595 and assuming you are picking up a car there, they will give you very easy directions for how to get onto the expressway -- probably even already printed out for you.
Old Mar 2nd, 2003, 06:34 AM

Looked at the Thrifty website. Their location is just a block off US 1, so you'll exit there and head south on US 1 about a half mile I'd say, and you will bear right and go right up the ramp to get on Westbound I-595. Again -- it couldn't be easier!!
Old Mar 2nd, 2003, 06:42 AM
Original Poster

Ahhhhh, Patrick - we love you!!! Thanks so much for your response. It's just too durn cold here in Ohio and we can hardly wait to get to some warm weather - Florida Keys here we come!!!
Old Mar 2nd, 2003, 07:02 AM

Hey ccolor-You know when you are down in Florida it will probably be beautiful here in Buckeye Land. It never fails, every time we leave for vacation we get great weather back home.
Old Mar 2nd, 2003, 12:08 PM
Original Poster

Buckeyemom- Of course you're right! We want to go RIGHT NOW, but because of work schedules have to wait till early April. And all you Ohioans can thank us because we're paying out our patooties to go someplace to really be warm and there will be a heat wave in Ohio Valley that just wasn't expected.....yada yada yada......the things we do for our homeland.....sigh....