Search

Drinks in Chicago

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18th, 2000, 10:39 AM
Kristin

Drinks in Chicago

I was wondering if someone could tell me of a place that sells great ice cream drinks (alcohol included). Any place with good "umbrella" drinks, besides Trader Vic's is also appreciated. We will be staying near the Loop.
Thanks!

Old Aug 18th, 2000, 12:56 PM
x

You are in the Midwest not the Tropics - good luck finding umbrella drinks! Ice cream drinks are NOT all the rage in Chicago either. I would stick with beer!

Old Aug 18th, 2000, 01:22 PM
jen

I would agree with Mr. X above, Chicago is more of a beer and scotch town. However, if you are into this, for great martinis, cosmopolitans etc. go to The Matchbox- Chicago's smallest bar (and I'm not kidding). It's on N. Milwaukee Ave. Get there early on a weekend night, or getting to the bathroom can be interesting- also check out metromix.com- the best Chicago, IMO.
Have fun!

Old Aug 18th, 2000, 01:23 PM
jen

...I meant the best Chicago WEBSITE...

Old Aug 18th, 2000, 01:57 PM
Kristin

Hey X-
Calm down. I'm from Minneapolis. Do you think I don't know what the Midwest is like?

Old Aug 18th, 2000, 03:10 PM
kam

There used to be a restaurant on Michigan Ave. called Kontiki Ports, but that was ages ago. I bet they've closed, but you could try.........

Old Aug 18th, 2000, 03:58 PM
Al

If you drink inside you don't need that little umbrella your drink will stay perfectly dry

Old Aug 19th, 2000, 10:42 AM
smart

Do you need an umbrella in a dry martini?