Search

Downtown Nashville

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26th, 2010, 02:30 PM
bwg
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Downtown Nashville

Were any of the downtown hotels atffected by the flood? Is Homewood Suites within walking distance of honky tonks on broadway? thanks!
Old Jul 26th, 2010, 02:45 PM
bwg
Original Poster

also, anyone know how long the Opry will be downtown due to the flooding ? I tried to call , but Customer service was closed
Old Jul 26th, 2010, 03:45 PM

Lots of downtown was affected by the flood, but the area is back up and running now and ready for visitors! The Opryland area is still undergoing cleanup, though, so the Opry House is closed until October (maybe the phone number you called goes there?) and the Opryland Hotel is closed until November. The Opry is at various venues downtown until the Opry House reopens; the web site should have the venue information.

The Homewood Suites is within a few blocks of the honky-tonks on Lower Broadway. I'd say it's a ten-minute walk or so to Tootsie's.
Old Jul 26th, 2010, 03:59 PM

Hope you are not coming right now. It's really hot so it makes the walk around town pretty hot and sticky. You will love Nashville!
Old Jul 27th, 2010, 06:01 AM
bwg
Original Poster

No, looking at end of October. Actually I was hoping the Opry would still be at the Ryman then. Thanks fo r the info!
Old Jul 27th, 2010, 08:27 AM

Looks like they're planning for the Opry to be back at the Opry House as of October 1. But they do have some Opry-related shows at the Ryman (Opry Country Classics), and in the winter it's always back at the Ryman. Personally I think it'd be great to be back at the Opry House that soon after it reopens - everything will be nice and new.

If your goal is just to see something at the Ryman, the Avett Brothers are playing two shows there October 29 & 30. I'm not sure if there are tickets left, but they played the same weekend last year and all my friends said it was amazing. I'm really excited to be going this year. The Avetts have a bluegrass/country feel, but sound more modern than Flatt & Scruggs or similar.