Search

Downhill Bike Tour in Maui

Search this Thread

Old May 29th, 2003, 11:01 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Downhill Bike Tour in Maui

Hi,
I realize this question probably depends on preference, but I was wondering if anyone knew of a pretty reliable vendor(that has decent pricing, and doesn't rush you down the mountain) for the Sunrise Downhill Bike Tour in Maui. I will be going in beginning of Oct.

Thanks!!!
Old May 29th, 2003, 03:24 PM

My family (2 adults, 2 teenagers) went to Maui in December and we used Bike it Maui. It was 2 older gentlemen with one van but the bikes were very safe and everyone had a beeper device on the bikes. Also one of the men led the group on a bike and the other followed in the van in case you wanted to ride part of the way down. It's pretty pricey ( about $400) but well worth it! You also stop for a great breakfast at the bottom. It rained the day we went but it was still a highlight of our vacation. Check the web site www.bikeitmaui.com.
Old May 29th, 2003, 11:20 PM
Original Poster

Much thanks! Anyone else with suggestions?
Old Jun 2nd, 2003, 01:05 PM

We just got back Maui, we had an absolutely wonderful time! We did the Sunrise Bike Tour with Cruiser Phil.

The company really did a great job, they provided motorcycle helmets, and motorcycle jackets to each of us, as well as the rain slicker type jacket and pants that the other companies provided.

I didn't really enjoy the breakfast after the ride, there seemed to several companies there, so perhaps it was the standard location, but I would not go back to that restuarant again.

All, in all, I really enjoyed trip. I am not an experienced biker, so I enjoyed myself. We didn't make as many stops for photos that I would have liked. And my boyfriend is an experienced road biker so we didn't go fast enough downhill for him.

Of the operators, I would recommend Cruiser Phil to anyone. The bikes were good and the jacket was a great bonus. Overall, I am glad that I had the exprience, but I would have liked to have more time at the summit, and more stops on the way down.

I'll be happy to answer any questions that you have.
Old Jun 4th, 2003, 05:30 PM

My husband & I just returned from Maui in May 2003. We used Cruiser Phil's for the bike tour! I suggest taking the morning tour instead of the sunrise tour as you get to see the beautiful scenery on the way up the volcano (and you don't have to wake up in the middle of the night to depart). The Hawaii Entertainment Book has buy one get one free coupons for Cruiser Phil's so it only ends up costing $50 per person for the morning tour. Kurt from Cruiser Phil's is the best..very friendly and concerned with safey. It was our favorite part of the trip! Enjoy.