Reload this Page >

Doubletree or wakiki beachcomber

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3rd, 2002, 09:52 AM
Andy

Trying to decide between the Doubletree in Wakiki or the wakiki beachcomber. Got a rate of 147.25 per night for a premium oceanview at the Doubletree, or $125 per night oceanview at the wakiki beachcomber. Has anyone stayed at either one of these hotels.

Old Nov 3rd, 2002, 10:24 AM
ad

No, did not stayed at either one of these hotels.

Old Nov 3rd, 2002, 12:50 PM
Melissa

I stayed at the Doubletree this past New Year's Eve. It is not near the beach, and while it is technically "in" Waikiki, it is not really centralized. So if you want something a little bit away from the chaos, that's not a bad choice. The room was smallish but comfortable and the restaurant Padovani's (downstairs) is upscale and yummy.

Old Nov 3rd, 2002, 03:15 PM
Joan

We stayed at the Doubletree for 5 or 6 nights in January and really liked it. But I wouldn't bother with the extra cost of an oceanview room, since you are not right by the ocean anyhow.

Old Nov 4th, 2002, 12:51 AM
lani

haven't stayed at the doubletree, but stayed at the beachcomber about 4 years ago.

the rooms were standard sized, with bright decor and clean. i think the best thing about the hotel is that it is next door to international marketplace and across the street from the royal hawaiian shopping center.

the only bummer about this hotel was the parking. when you come out of the parking area you are on duke's lane, and there are tons of pedestrians and you have to go quite slow up the lane and exit onto kuhio avenue (the entrance to the parking is from kalakaua avenue). when i was there you come out onto a traffic light intersection, but there are no traffic lights facing you so be careful as you pull out. pedestrians have the right of way and most don't seem to think that duke's lane is an actual road.

i've heard the doubletree is nice, but rather far walking distance to most things in waikiki. the beachcomber is central and a LOT closer to the beach.

good luck with your decision!