Reload this Page >

Doubletree La Posada Resort Scottsdale

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10th, 2002, 06:42 PM
Joanne

I am looking for any information (recent if possible) about this hotel. I know there are probably better hotels in the area, but the price of the hotel was in my budget.

All information welcome as I know very little. This trip is a last minute thing so not much time to investigate this.

Old Nov 11th, 2002, 01:01 AM
Karen

It is a beautiful hotel in a beautiful residential area. Since I live here, I have not been in the rooms and haven't seen the facilities for a while, but it is well thought of here. The only downside I can see is that you will have to drive anywhere you want to go, Scottsdale or Phoenix areas, but they will be easy drives, because you will be a distance from tourist, restaurant and store locations.

Old Nov 17th, 2002, 02:16 PM
xx

It's a nice hotel, very pretty. You are close to Camelback Mt. which you can hike for a great view of the area. You can drive into Phx or the shopping areas of Scottsdale easily. Have fun

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 08:36 PM
Coco

Joanne,
This is considered a very nice hotel although one of the older hotels. The pool area is also very nice w/large (huge) waterfall. It is located at the base of Camelback Mtn admist some of the most pricy homes in PHX...Paradise Valley, home to many multi-millionaires.
On some scheduled Saturday nights there are single dances too, if interested. Enjoy.

Coco

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 09:41 PM
ab

It's nice. I also selected it because it was affordable. The backdrop is so awesome (coming from flat south florida). The pool area was very nice. The rooms and grounds were clean and nice. NOthing extravagent but reasonable for a reasonable price.

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 09:40 AM
Don

We stayed there one night last November. Nice place.

The hotel has all 1st-floor rooms in approximately 23 long buildings. There is a nice view of Camelback Mountain to the south, and the hotel had tons of resort-type amenities--a million-gallon pool with a huge rock formation and a waterfall in the center, two putting greens, six tennis courts, racquetball courts, a sand volleyball court, and multiple jacuzzis. There was a full-service restaurant, plus a lounge that had live entertainment 3 nights a week.

The furnishings looked pretty new--honey-colored wood furniture, muted colors in the bedspreads and carpet, etc. The room had a small patio in back.

We wished at the time that we'd had more than one night there so we could take advantage of all the amenities. So we think you'll enjoy your stay. Have fun!