Dog Sledding Tours, Breckenridge, Copper Mtn area

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9th, 2010, 07:27 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking for recommendations, reviews of dog sledding tours available, we will be in Breck?Copper Mtn for Mardi Gras . Taking our 7 yr old on our first day there.
Old Jan 9th, 2010, 08:00 AM

I have not seen dog sleds in the Breck/Copper area. Doesn't mean they don't exist, it is just that I have not seen them. However, have seen dog sleds at Beaver Creek. I know that horse drawn sleds are available at Breckenridge. If you goggle those subject, I am sure you will find some references.
Old Jan 9th, 2010, 08:11 AM

You can take dog sledding tours at Good Times Adventures in Breck. They have a website. I haven't done it but have friends who enjoyed it. They also do snow mobile tours, which I have done and really had fun. They will even pick you up at your resort if you need.
Old Jan 9th, 2010, 12:03 PM

I've also seen dog sledding at Good Times Adventures, when we were there snowmobiling.

Make sure you understand the setup of the dog sledding. When I saw it (several years ago), most of the customers rode on a big sled behind a snowmobile, which followed the dog-sleds. Customers traded off on riding in the dog sled. As I recall, the customers were not mushing, just riding on the dog sled.
Old Jan 9th, 2010, 03:03 PM
Original Poster

thanks to all replies, esp. lexma90. I did understand about the trading off part. I think we can get some good pictures of each other as we get to ride on the sleigh/sled. We are so looking forward to our trip. last skiing was what had to be the driest year in a while, went up to Stowe and luckily stayed at a great working farm/b&b which was entertaining when the snow went away!But now we want to ski!!!