Dog Friendly Place to Stay on Cape Cod

Old Sep 1st, 2008, 07:47 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dog Friendly Place to Stay on Cape Cod

Hello All,

We got back in June from a 2 wk trip to Yellowstone and Grand Teton but our golden didn't do that well at the kennel this trip.

He is now 11 yrs old which may contribute to the issue but has been boarded at a kennel before off and on since he was a pup and when our pet sitter wasn't available.

He loves going in the car so we've been thinking of trying more local (Cape Cod is 1-2 hrs away depending upon what part) and hoping for some first hand recommendations for anyone that has been there with their pup.

Your help is appreciated.

Old Sep 2nd, 2008, 03:49 PM

I have a list, but haven't checked them out in awhile (I NEED a vacation from one of our two GSDs!), but here goes:

bone-a-fide.com

traveldog.com

petswelcome.com

dogfriendly.com

Hope this helps.
Old Sep 2nd, 2008, 05:43 PM

Are you looking for a hotel or a house to rent? And what part of the Cape?
Old Sep 3rd, 2008, 03:55 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Artlover - I had a couple of those sites already but will check out the others.

Gomiki - We don't have a preference of hotel vs. house but since there are only 2 of us + dog sometimes house is too big - but small cottage or condo would probably work too.

So far I've found the following that look like possibilities - do either of you have any first-hand knowledge:
Cottage Grove
Green Harbor
Lion and Lamb Inn
Four Gables Cottages
Beach Rose Inn

Thanks for your responses!!
Old Sep 5th, 2008, 03:12 AM

Cottage Grove in Eastham will put you close to National Seashore beaches and Cape Cod Bay beaches as well. The cottages are small but very charming, having been recently renovated in the Arts and Crafts Cottage style. The cottages are way better than most we have stayed in on the Cape. The location on Rt. 6 is not the best but if you ask for a cottage that is away from the road (there is a tall board fence shielding the colony from the road) you actually may not even be aware of the road's proximity. The colony was a B+B when we stayed there, but has since been turned into condos. It sounds perfect for your needs!
Old Sep 5th, 2008, 07:20 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Yellowbyrd - I'm so happy to get some first-hand feedback. I think we'll give them a call.
Old Sep 7th, 2008, 03:16 PM

I've never checked it out up close, but Outer Reach Resort on the Provincetown / Truro line has a sign pit front that specifically says they are pet friendly.