Reload this Page >

Does Cleveland ROCK?

Search

Does Cleveland ROCK?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 03:49 PM
Darryl

Does Cleveland ROCK?

My fiance and I are planning on visiting Cleveland for a couple of days. Any opinions on Rock And Roll Hall of Fame, Flats, warehouse district, and hotels.

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 04:28 PM
Owen O'Neill

If the focus of visit is specifically the HOF and the flats... I'd arrive morning, a few hours at museum, lunch at the flats, back to hotel, dinner and party at the flats and then head out the next morning. Unless there's a ball game or some other specific thing of interest for you in Cleveland, a full couple days might be slightly too long.

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 05:52 PM
clara

We went to visit some friends who live near Cleveland. We planned to spend a few hours at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, but instead ended up spending the better part of a day. We LOVED the exhibits and displays.

Our friends took us on a driving tour of the flats, but we didn't spend much time there.

We also drove an hour south and went to the Football Hall of Fame in Canton. My h usband enjoyed it very much. (I looked at a few things, and then curled up in the car with my book.)

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 06:08 PM
Anthony

IMO there is a lot to do in Cleveland...it's a huge city

I wouldn't spend a week there but definitely worth 2-3 days.

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 06:44 PM
Andy

Depending on your interest, the Rock Hall can take anything from 3-6 hours. The Hall of Fame is not much to see (think illuminated signatures and black & white photos in a dark room) but the exhibits are awesome. Right next door is the Great Lakes Science Center which currently is featuring a huge Titanic exhibit. It is a great place to round out a full day in the area. Hotels: check out the new Hyatt at the Arcade, the Marriott at Key Center or the Sheraton. All close enough to walk around town. Forget the Flats entirely, the Warehouse District is where all the great restaurants are located. Circo, Johnny's, Mallorca, Blue Point Grille are all excellent selections. With your extra time, consider taking in an Indians game, the Cleveland Mus. of Art is great and Six Flags World of Adventure is 1 hour from downtown.

Old May 1st, 2002, 10:30 AM
Ann

No, it doesn't.

Went to the Hall of Fame last year. Really looked forward to it. Even took my parents. All of us were disappointed. They could have done so much with that place, and instead all it is is a Hard Rock Cafe with a $15 entrance fee (it's probably gone up since I was there).

Old May 1st, 2002, 10:43 AM
Lil Bowwow

Yes, Darryl, we rock some. Not a lot, mind you, but some.

Old May 1st, 2002, 10:45 AM
x

Geez Ann what a spoilsport you are. Anyone who grew up with rock music will like the HOL. Ann, is obvioulsy a stick in the mud who either likes opera or die hard country....

Old May 1st, 2002, 03:54 PM
Fire!

Or you can sit by the lake and watch the pollution burn

Old May 1st, 2002, 04:03 PM
ClevelandRocks

For your information FIRE it was the river that caught fire not the lake and it has been cleaned up. Don't knock a place unless you have been there. The Flats have a lot of great entertainment, and the RRHOF is great if you like music.

Old May 2nd, 2002, 11:20 AM
Ann

No real rock fan would like the Hall of Fame. It really, truly is no better than a Hard Rock Cafe. And, x, I will GUARANTEE you that I've been to more rock concerts than you have. My mother's been to more than you have (she saw the Beetles live 3 times, and Elvis live 6 times, before the Vegas days).

Old May 2nd, 2002, 11:23 AM
Jack Malone

Darryl, we tried rocking in Cleveland once, but it didn't work out the way we planned. We stopped after awhile.

Old May 2nd, 2002, 11:41 AM
x

Obviously Ann's mother smoked too much wacky tobaccy while she was in the womb and it screwed her brain up....

Old May 2nd, 2002, 11:52 AM
gf

No.

Old May 2nd, 2002, 11:56 AM
growUp

No Ann, my mother is more hip than your mother!
I have been to more concerts than you have!
You are not as cool as I am.
Na na na na.

Old May 2nd, 2002, 05:02 PM
Paul

I once saw Liberace from a loge at the Front Row!!! Top that!!

Old May 2nd, 2002, 05:39 PM
wwwww

can't beat liberace with my Tony Bennett story

Old May 3rd, 2002, 12:24 PM
Jen

I think you are getting off the subject of Cleveland a little. Cleveland's lake is a wonderful souce of fun in the summer, the Rock Hall, Science Center and all of its wonderful concert spots are different and exciting (Public Hall, Nautica, Blossom, Gund Arena, Tower City Amphitheater). And when was the last time you saw a VH1 special filmed at the Hard Rock Cafe, Ann??? As far as hotels, nothing is as grand as the Renaissance especially since you can ride the rapid in through Tower City. And it is the closest to all those wonderful restaurants and nightclubs in the Warehouse District right? I love the city and I agree it is not a weeks trip, but maybe 3 or 4 days and great for an out of town corporate group.

Old May 3rd, 2002, 12:31 PM
Lenore

If you want a good day trip, go to Cedar Point. In my opinion, it's the best amusement park in the nation. Of course I love coasters and they have a bunch of really goods ones.

Old May 3rd, 2002, 02:53 PM
chuck

Big Deal Ann's mom saw Elvis and the Beatles in concert. That makes her an expert! ROTFLMAO! Do you know Ann who the Beatles and Elvis got their inspiration from?? It's in the Rock Hall of Fame. A lot of history there. And, if you think it's a glorified Hard Rock you are totally missing the "history" of how rock started. I bet you never did get history in school did you or will never learn to appreciate it.

As to Cleveland sights other than the Rock Hall of Fame, Cleveland has some great metroparks to go and chill out at. And Cedar Point and the Lake Erie Islands are only a short drive away.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -