does anyone know these tampa hotels???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13th, 2000, 03:14 AM
Barbara

Hello,
I am looking for a 1-night hotel in Tampa (we are flying in from Holland), looked on valuetrips.com and found some very good bargains, but no-one on this forum has ever mentioned these hotels!! so please does anyone know: the Holiday Inn Express, the Amerisuites, or the double tree???
thank you , am very curious..
barbara

Old Nov 13th, 2000, 03:25 AM
peg

Barbara --
I cannot tell you about those specific properties, but in general, both H.I. Express and Amerisuites provide reliable, clean accommodations, and are decently priced--not fancy, but fine. You'd probably get free breakfast at both as well.
Peg

Old Nov 13th, 2000, 08:33 PM
david

i would agree with the prior post. he money is the same, the doubletree may be the best of the three. If you are staying only for one night, then the least expensive of the three may be the best bet...as they are all good. LOCATION may be the most important factor; if you're headed to the cruise terminal you may want the closest one. jsut something to consider.

Old Nov 13th, 2000, 09:48 PM
Cali

I don't know about this particular location but we have stayed at several Amerisuites and we love them. They have a kitchenette and also served breakfast and all had other special things in the evenings too. All that we have stayed in have been relatively new and very nice. A very good buy for the money

Old Nov 13th, 2000, 11:12 PM
barbara

Thank you for your replies. As it is just for the one night I have decided on the Holiday Inn Express, we are going on to Englewood from there.
Still haven't found anything for the new year though at Key West , everything is booked and if they are not they require a 5-night minimum!!!
Would they not rather do 3 nights then end up with nothing???
Still hoping something will come up!!!
barbara

Old Nov 14th, 2000, 08:39 AM
upsy daisy

Up for you, Barbara

Old Nov 14th, 2000, 01:50 PM
barbara

thank you , upsy daisy, great help there!
barbara (at least i have a name)
now i know what forum members are for.

Old Nov 14th, 2000, 03:06 PM
CMcDaniel

Barbara...Alhough I live in Tampa, I've put off answering as I really couldn't say how each of hotel compares with the other. If you are looking at the Holiday Inn Express and Doubletree on Rocky Point, the location is good, close to the airport yet on the water (Tampa Bay). Amerisuites, on Westshore Blvd. also a good location, but business area, not on the water. I would think any of the 3 would be acceptable.

Your name is familiar...have we talked before about your trip?

Old Nov 14th, 2000, 05:40 PM
Mary

Check out www.flausa. You should find lots of info.

Have a great visit to Florida.

Old Nov 15th, 2000, 04:15 AM
barbara

to carol: yes , we have talked about it in the initial stages, but now it is final. have found a house in englewood to stay with my family for a week, but am still looking for a hotel in key west for the last 2 days of the new year, any help there?
thank you, barbara

Old Nov 15th, 2000, 07:36 AM
CMcDaniel

Barbara, Glad it is all falling into place. Englewood is down near one of our favorite getaways...Boca Grande, (pronounced as if it's spelled "grand") on Gasparilla Island. If you have a free day, take a drive down, going all the way into the little town. You can rent bikes there and ride around, enjoying a semi (for FL) quaint area.

Wish I could help with Key West. Hope you do get to go at some point during your holiday--it's a lot of fun. If worse came to worst, would you consider staying on one of the other keys instead, and driving into KW? I'm afraid it's a busy time of year though, for that entire area.

Old Nov 15th, 2000, 08:48 AM
susan

Depending on how desperate you are to spend a few days in Key West, you might consider trying the Grand Key Resort. It's brand new, but in my opinion the location is terrible. We were in Key West over Fantasy Fest - which is the busiest time of the year - and the Grand Key was still running a $99 special per night.

Old Nov 16th, 2000, 12:29 PM
barbara

Carol, thank you, yes if you know anything on one of the other keys,please let me know.
Susan, thank you , will check out Grand Key and let you know! barbara

Old Nov 19th, 2000, 01:07 PM
Jan

Have you ruled out Sanibel?

Old Nov 21st, 2000, 04:53 AM
barbara

to Jan: Sanibel is lovely , but too far to go back to when you want to spend New Year's Eve in Key West!