Diving Big Island and Maui

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 09:47 AM
Danielle

Diving Big Island and Maui

Help! My husband and I recently became PADI Certified divers on our Honeymoon in Turks & Caicos last year and we're still a little skittish about being completely off by ourselves. Any great dive companies on the Big Island and/or Maui (We are staying at Hilton Waikoloa Village on Big Island and Westin Maui in Maui). Thanks! (PS: We are leaving Monday 10/14)

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 12:54 PM
Rick

On Maui check into Mike Severns Diving. Found them to be very good. You can also rent gear at Whalers Village right next to the Westin and dive Black Rock which is neat. On the Big island I'd go with Jacks dive locker out of Kona. Not sure if they still offer the night Manta dive, but if they do its a must do before you die dive. FANTASTIC!!

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 10:24 AM
Debi

In Maui, we went diving with Maui Dive Shop in Kihei - they were absolutely wonderful. Not only was the dive great - they had good food, the guides were fabulous (we just got certified last year - and are also extremely skittish) and it was really great. In addition, we had scheduled a second day of diving and a huge storm was coming in. I don't do storms (get terribly seasick) - so they rebooked us into a luau at the hotel we were staying in. They were wonderful to work with. I think they have shops all over the island and we certainly enjoyed working with them. Have a GREAT trip!

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 11:55 AM
Rachel

I just dove with Jack's Diving Locker this past August with my newly certified 12 year old dtr and 13 year old son. Jack's was great. It came highly recommended from the place that certified us in Nantucket MA. They have hot water showers, usually a video of your dive, and great sandwiches, AND THEY RINSE YOUR WETSUITS OUT FOR YOU as you're heading back, plus, they're entertaining and jovial. It might be kinda far from Hilton Waikoloa Village (which is a great place, I've stayed there and will go back this December!). Oh. We did the manta ray night dive and it was phenomonal! Highly recommend it. WOW. Have FUN! Email with questions.

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 12:51 PM
Rick

Rachel> if you ever get the chance,,take your kids to Nassau and do the Shark dive, another "WOW" dive.