Reload this Page >

DisneyWorld - Florida-Accommodations

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13th, 2002, 01:30 PM
Diane

Going to Disney (4 people) 2 kids aged 16 & 14 at Xmas 2002. Looking for clean 2 bedroom condo with cooking and washing facilities - would also like heated pool and rec. area. Any suggestions? Also - do we or do we not rent a car?

Old Jan 13th, 2002, 03:27 PM
Gail

If you are staying in a condo, YES, rent a car. If you are staying on a WDW property, you won't need one. Do you realize how crowded the parks get during X-mas??

Old Jan 13th, 2002, 09:16 PM
Joy in Virginia

Go to Deb Wills unofficial guide site, wdwig.com for lots of info & trip reports, reviews of various resorts from travelers, and pros & cons of staying on-WDW property or off-property. On-property, use WDW transportation and you won't need a car - off-property, most places, a car is a MUST, tho some are on Orlando LINX busline, and some of bigger resorts offer shuttle service. DO research Deb's site - lots of opinions & trip reports collected there.

Old Jan 14th, 2002, 12:59 AM
Sue

We stayed at the Clarion Suites and Resort World on our last trip. For $114 a night we had two bedrooms (one with 2 twin beds and 1 with a King bed) plus a pull out sofa. There were two bathrooms (one per bedroom) and a jacuzzi tub. We also had a fully stocked kitchen, dining room, wet bar and washer and dryer. They had 4 pools, one of which was an indoor-outdoor. There were also tennis courts. We were less than 10 minutes from Disney. We had our own vehicle since we drove from Michigan. I would never stay on property personally when there are such great accommodations (in my opinion) in the surrounding area for so much less money.

Old Jan 14th, 2002, 09:54 AM
Celeste

Check out vrbo.com for vacation rentals by owner. I've never been displeased with the results.

Old Jan 14th, 2002, 07:45 PM
amie

check out www.internetvacationmall.com as they have so many choices and you can book online

best of luck
Amie

Old Jan 14th, 2002, 09:05 PM
Sal

I would suggest Vistana Resort in Lake Buena Vista. It's minutes from the parks and many restaurants. hey have several heated pools (one is absolutely huge), plus tennis, miniature golf, spa etc. etc. The units are large, have washer/dryers and fully equipped kitchens. The newer units are the nicest.