Disneyland or CA Adventure Park?

Old May 18th, 2006, 06:43 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Disneyland or CA Adventure Park?

We are taking a church group of 30 teenagers to Disney/California in June for one day and they only want one park entrance fee. Any suggestions - would they like the Disneyland resort or Adventure Park better? It looks like the stuff for teens is at the Adventure Park.
Thanks!
Old May 18th, 2006, 07:11 AM

For teens, I would probably opt for California adventure. At the "back" of the park is the pier which has a bunch of beefed up carnival rides which teens may like better than the mostly tamer rights of Disneyland. It's still very Disney so they can still run around and get pictures with characters, etc. but I think would be more fun for older kids.
Old May 18th, 2006, 07:20 AM

Disneyland has plenty of excitement for all ages. Space Mountain, Splash Mountain , Indiana Jones will bring a smile to any teen's face.
My two teenagers have had Disney Annual Passes (valid at both parks) for years and they rarely spend time in California Adventure.
Old May 18th, 2006, 07:46 AM

There is a one day park hopper pass available that allows you to go to both parks in one day. It's more expensive than the one day pass but less expensive than 2 park passes-that may be an option. Check out Disneyland.com under Tickets.
Old May 18th, 2006, 01:01 PM

Do the visitors reside in zip codes 90000 to 93599, southern California?
Old May 18th, 2006, 02:08 PM

I just got back from California Adventure and I'd say for one day definitely Disneyland. There is just more to do. For us it was an advantage that there was less for our kids because we could see everything, but for teenagers I think they'd quickly get bored of CA.
Old May 18th, 2006, 03:21 PM

California Adventure is much like a Six Flags or Magic Mountain or any other amusement park. Disneyland has theme rides. I prefer Disneyland because it is unique. Our HS Marching Band kids were at Disneyland on tour last Summer and loved it. The only ride I found exceptional at CA was "Soarin' Over California." Both are fun, but IMHO theme rides top coasters. Have fun!!
Old May 18th, 2006, 04:59 PM

Both my teens say that one time at California Adventure is plenty. Several friends have annual passes to Disneyland but don't bother with California Adventure so Disneyland would be my vote if only one park is chosen.
Old May 18th, 2006, 10:57 PM

If the teens haven't been to the parks, I would opt for Disneyland as it is the "classic" park that they will have all heard about.
Old May 18th, 2006, 11:12 PM

I have been to Disneyland and Disneyworld many times over the last 20 years, if they have been to those, definitely CA, tower of terror is awesome, so is the Aladdin show, they have a great improv comdy show teenagers would like, I think most teenagers are way over Mickey and the kiddie rides.
Old May 19th, 2006, 03:00 PM

Have you made your decision yet? I have taken our teens, who are now college-age and still loving it, to both Disneyland and California Adventures for years.

They all prefer Disneyland. (They do also enjoy California Adventures but complain that it is boring after a half-day. Whereas Disneyland has enough to keep a teen excited all day long well into midnight.)

Yes the Tower of Terror ride is a thrilling...uh...awful ride...which they dragged me on!!! You should see my face! Yes teens will love it, but it is only one ride, and if you use a fast-pass, the ride isn't long. It's not enough to keep you busy all day.

Only my hubby prefers California Adventures, because it's less crowded, and he likes to mosey along and see all the plants, etc.

Hope this helps!
Old May 19th, 2006, 03:06 PM

I also want to add this...on the advantage of Disneyland. Girls, by the way, never get "too old for Mickey"! I just enjoyed a girls' weekend at Disneyland with my 2 college-age daughters. Also, Disneyland is more than Mickey...there is Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, and Indiana Jones. there is also the evening Fantasmic show and great fireworks over the castle with a light show you can see from Main Street.

The carnival rides at California adventures will only keep a teen busy for a couple hours. They cannot compare with Space Mountain at Disneyland, for example.

To repeat, I have taken my teens with various friends for years (since the newer California Adventures park opened) and haven't met ANY teens who say they prefer California Adventures over Disneyland.
Old May 19th, 2006, 04:09 PM

Who doesn't love Disneyland? Old, young and in-between, it's just the best. CA is a neat "add on" if you have multiple days and have been to Disneyland many times, but if you have one day or have never been I would definitely say to anyone, regardless of their background, to try Disneyland.
Old May 21st, 2006, 06:47 PM

i've been to both on a 2 day park hopper. I'm a teenager and though there are about 4 really fun rides at California Adventure, I quickly got bored after half the day. There aren't as many people there, thus lines are shorter, and it is easier to get bored. Disneyland rides are always fun. I love how everything is themed, and if some of the teens don't like rollarcoasters, this is perfect because you can't see the track. Personally it is also really fun going on the kiddie rides and overreacting about everything
Old May 21st, 2006, 07:45 PM
trippinkpj

Ditto. My 16 yr. old just said Disneyland has much more stuff to do than CA. Okay, he didn't use the word "stuff". LOL.

Old May 21st, 2006, 09:56 PM

first choice: definitely the 1 day park hopper pass so you can do whatever you want. technically it's "one" admission. if not, then definitely disneyland if they kids have never been. tower of terror is only one ride, plus the pier is your typical carnival rides pretty much. disneyland is disneyland!
Old May 21st, 2006, 10:08 PM

I would definitely go with disneyland-more rides, more things to do. If you can't get the one day hopper, i don't think you'd be able to spend the entire day at california adventure because there's not enough to do. Disneyland however would be difficult to get through in a day- there are tons of great rides for teenagers- pirates of the caribbean, haunted mansion, star wars, space mountain, indiana jones, matterhorn, thunder mountain, etc...