Disneyland hotels - Sheraton Anaheim

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21st, 2006, 02:38 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our daughter wants to celebrate her 16th b-day at Disneyland. All 3 of the Disneyland Resort hotels are soldout for our dates. Originally I was looking for a hotel with free shuttle or easy walking distance to the parks but I was happy to learn that through AAA we can get 2 day hopper passes that includes FREE parking at Disneyland so we don't have to be super close now. I have the Sheraton Anaheim booked for $116.00 per night which is a great rate. We don't want to spend a big fortune but would like a comfortable room and a nice pool would be a bonus. Any suggestions?
Old Sep 21st, 2006, 03:59 PM

Nice choice but make sure they have finished all their renovations and that the pool is open. Sheraton PARK is better, and closer to the park...if you can find a decent rate there it's a better choice.
Old Sep 21st, 2006, 07:52 PM
Original Poster

Thanks! And now I'm having a new thought about all of this. I don't think we are going to have any time for a pool but would love to enjoy two special dinners
somewhere - maybe Downtown Disney - and then walk back over to one of the parks afterwards. I would love suggestions for nice hotel within walking distance of the parks and downtown Disney. Thanks!
Old Sep 21st, 2006, 08:00 PM
Karenpj

I got a AAA flyer recently that had Disneyland packages with hotel/ park hoppers/ parking/ early entrances.

Old Sep 22nd, 2006, 09:13 AM

Consider Blue Bayou inside Disneyland for a special dinner (or lunch). You must reserve ahead at 714 781 DINE. This is the full-service restaurant inside the Pirates of the Carribean ride. They have recently updated the menu.

Old Sep 22nd, 2006, 11:12 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
The Napa Rose in the Grand Californian woulld be a very special dinner. And then you can walk straight from the hotel back into the parks.
Old Sep 22nd, 2006, 12:38 PM

The Vineyard Room upstairs in Cal Adventure is also nice and not quite as expensive as Napa Rose. I think you can book both of these thru the Disney Dine number.
Old Sep 22nd, 2006, 03:47 PM

I have stayed at most of the resorts within walking distance of Disneyland. All are on Harbor Blvd, stayed at the Howard Johnson, Best Western Park Place Inn, Anaheim Desert Inn & Suites and one other one that is slipping my memory but is right there as well. They are all located on the crosswalk to enter into Disney from Harbor. Most are motel style, but they are clean, safe and the best part is they are within walking distance. Probably not as nice as the Sheraton though. I would second the recommendation for the Blue Bayou, it is so nice inside you can sit and watch the boats go by, something place I have yet to treat myself to! I am actually leaving for Disneyland tomorrow!! Have fun, she'll like her birthday present.
Old Sep 22nd, 2006, 10:42 PM

I second the Napa Rose. It is wonderful.
Old Sep 23rd, 2006, 12:46 AM

Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen in Downtown Disney is very good, we ate there twice last time we went, we also had a nice meal at the Disneyland hotel, can't remember name Granvilles, maybe? A couple years ago we stayed at the Hilton and it was within walking distance. Walked across the street into Disney parking area and disney shuttle was right there to take us to the gate. Have fun.
Old Sep 23rd, 2006, 07:45 AM

Granville's is the steakhouse in the Disneyland Hotel. It's good but not especially unique or "Disney".

Be sure to see Billy Hill and the Hillbillies inside the Golden Horseshoe Theatre in Frontierland. Sit up front and the Billys may pick on you.

At Disneyland City Hall you can get a free birthday sticker and your daughter will get extra attention from the Cast Members.

Old Sep 23rd, 2006, 08:00 AM
Karenpj

That's good to hear about the motels across the street Vegas Native. I've looked into the Desert and Suites, and may stay there next year.

Old Sep 23rd, 2006, 09:13 AM

Karenpj~yeah you really cannot go wrong. Especially if you go in the off season, like we are (we are leaving this afternoon), kids are back in school, so we got an extremely cheap rate. $79.00 a night for a parlor suite (3 queen bed). The location is great, right across the street, and I always feel very safe. Even walking back from the park late at night around 11 PM, because it is all families walking back as well. My only advice, there is a little restaurant right on the crosswalk, I think it is part of the Best Western, it is GROSS, do NOT eat there...yuck!