Disneyland for Christmas

Old Oct 19th, 2002, 07:39 PM
Sandra

Disneyland for Christmas

I am looking for suggestions on what to do with the family in Anaheim for 10 days over Christmas. Of course, we will do Disney and Universal and Knotts - but any other suggestions. Kids are 11 ( 2 of them)
THanks for your help

S

Old Oct 20th, 2002, 08:19 AM
mary

Rather than heading up to Universal Studios, I would pass on that and go south to San Diego. The kids would have fun walking along the beaches, LaJolla Cove - I think that's where the sea lions beach. Great view of San Diego and the ocean at Point Loma, Sea World, Wild Animal Park -- which is 30 miles north of San Diego. Get there early in the morning when the animals are awake and feeding. Great place.
San Diego Zoo (lots of walking)is good, Legoland is for younger kids. Get the trolley in San Diego, and go to the Mexican Border..oh, breakfast at Hotel Del Coronado is nice and you might be surprised how kids mind their p's and q's.
If you go to Universal Studios, you may want to head up to Magic Mountain (check winter schedule) and the kids will love the roller coaster rides, etc.
I'm the grandmother here...w/grandkids 9,10, and 12!

Old Oct 20th, 2002, 01:58 PM
lucy

Do not miss universal with 11 year olds!!!!!!!!!! Jurassic park is the best. San Diego is good but if you make a choice pick sealand over the zoo. Less walking. Have a wonderful time.

Old Oct 20th, 2002, 06:30 PM
jill

If get sick of amusement parks, you can drive up to Los Angeles area for Museum of Fine Arts, or Getty's Museum

Old Oct 21st, 2002, 07:15 AM
x

if you don't mind driving, definitly take a day and get out of anaheim. drive down the coast to la jolla or san diego. there is a great pizza place in laguna beach (bj's pizza) which is a pretty little town. then when you return, you can go straight up the 5 which will take your about 2 1/2 hours from la jolla to aneheim. but, depends if you kids like being in the car and looking at scenary.

Old Oct 21st, 2002, 08:49 AM
jodie

I thought Universal was dull. I'm not eleven, but it had very few rides to justify the expense. The Jurassic Park ride is okay, but splash mountain is really better. The difference is on Jurassic Park, you do not know when you are going to drop because it is dark--over too fast to enjoy.