Reload this Page >

Disneyland CA at Christmas

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 01:40 PM
STJ

Has anyone been to Disneyland CA at Christmas? I would really like to drive over there for two days from Vegas, but I'm a little scared of the crowds! Any input would be appreciated!

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 02:46 PM
Monique

Yes it is usually pretty crowded. But I would rather be there in the winter with crowds then in the summer. If you have never been I say go for it or you may kick yourself later. If you have been before I wouldn't neccesarily go at that time.

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 06:33 AM
x

it will be very busy. but, if you've never been before and may not have the chance again in the near future, then go. anticipate line ups of over an hour and just be patient. if you've never been before, they have a way of twisting an turning the lines so that even though it's a hour's wait, you are constently moving so it doesn't seem as long.

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 09:07 AM
Sue

Do you mean Christmas day? There are times to go other than Christmas day that aren't so crowded... the first few weeks of Dec. aren't that bad and you still get to see and do all the Christmassy stuff.

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 09:34 AM
STJ

Yes, unfortunately I mean Christmas Day. We will be in the area the week of Christmas. I was thinking that Christmas Eve Day and Christmas Day might be better because I thought that more people would come to the park during the few days after Christmas when they still have off from work, and have had their family celebrations at home on the holiday.

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 09:47 AM
OC

Alot of people bring their kids to Disneyland on Christmas Day as their gift. There are also alot of Jewish and Non-Christian people there trying to find a way to spend the day.

Christmas Eve would likely be less busy.

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 02:23 PM
lcuy

I love Disneyland, but hate it at Christmas. We once spent an entire day/evenig and got on only 5 rides...average line time of 1.5 hours.
I asked an employee once about Christmas crowds..he said typical numbers are around 15,000 guests. christmas vacation--65,000 per day!
the first weeks of December are supposed to be quiet though.

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 02:33 PM
slcmama

Partly depends on if you have kids and what age. If adults or kids old enough for Fastpass rides, those help with the lines but can only be obtained every 3 hours or so. I am local and find that there is usually plenty to do even if I refuse to wait in huge lines. California Adventure is never as crowded and the electrical parade is great!

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 07:20 PM
joe

We live near Disneyland and always make a point to visit during the Christmas Holidays.
The park really is at its most beautiful when decorated for Christmas.The Small World ride has a special Christmas theme and should not be missed.
I've always heard from friends who work there that Chrismas Day is somewhat light.

Old Jul 26th, 2002, 09:21 AM
STJ

Thanks to everyone for your advice!