Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Merry Christmas to our wonderful neighbors!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22nd, 2002, 05:43 AM
Laurie

Just wanted to take a moment to wish you all a wonderful holiday season. I thank you all for your hospitality, generous spirit, and the comfort of living right next door to our 'big brother'.
From one of your many Canadian friends...thank you for all you do for our world!

Old Dec 22nd, 2002, 06:55 AM
pam

Laurie, that is so sweet. It almost brought tears to my eyes. Serioulsy. Thank-you very much. Your kind words are deeply appreciated.

Old Dec 22nd, 2002, 09:04 AM
John

Laurie
Thanks much and a vey Merry Christmas and peacefull new year to all our Canadian friends.
Joyeux Noel

Old Dec 23rd, 2002, 07:29 PM
Ed

Merry Christmas? Though a nice sentiment, what about our neighbors who celebrate holidays other than Christmas?
This is not a secular holiday.

I wish you all a happy holiday season.

Old Dec 23rd, 2002, 08:04 PM
SANTA

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Old Dec 24th, 2002, 03:05 AM
aaa

Happy Holidays to everyone out there, all religions, all Holidays. I wish you all the best and all a Happy New Year.

Old Dec 24th, 2002, 08:47 AM
sandy

Merry Christmas to you in Canada and to the rest of the world, from not so sunny California.

Old Dec 24th, 2002, 10:06 AM
meg

Wishing each of you a peace-filled holiday season and 2003. Let's all try to reach out and be kind in light of all that is going on with ALL our global neighbors.

Old Dec 24th, 2002, 11:05 AM
x

Ed, not trying to start an argument or anything but Hanukah was so early this year (11/30) that the celebration is long over (12/7). It seems fair to wish Merry Christmas to those who will be celebrating over the next few days. If someone wished to log on near the end of Nov to wish wonderful neighbors a Happy Hanukah or if in early November there was an acknowledgement of Ramadan, I certainly wouldn't take it to mean that I was being excluded.

Geez lighten up and cut the boring, unnecessary PC.

Old Dec 24th, 2002, 11:36 AM
xxx

I agree with the last statement. As a Jewish person (and Canadian), I am not at all offended at people saying Merry Christmas. Chanukkah is long over. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to our American and Canadian brothers and sisters and as well.

Old Dec 24th, 2002, 12:07 PM
ABC

Well Mike it does take sentiments like that to try to reduce the thoughts. But sorry big guy -- we all wish you a very "Happy Holiday" Merry Christmas" or "Joyeaux Noel" on this special evening.

To the rest of you all out there "I wish you a very merry Christmas and a prayer for peace in the coming year.

Old Dec 24th, 2002, 12:42 PM
Robert

Thank you Laurie. I wish everyone in the world a happy holiday season, and especially the Canadians. Your country is so beautiful and clean, I wish I could visit more often!

Please, to the people who have responded negatively: for the sake of the Holiday season, if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all! Enough with the bah-humbug!

May peace and happiness find everyone on earth in 2003.

Old Dec 24th, 2002, 09:41 PM
cali

Peace on Earth and good will to all men, women and children all over the world.

Old Dec 25th, 2002, 02:40 PM
tcapp

May you have a wonderful holiday season-a very merry Christmas and a blessed new year. Thank you for your thoughtfulness.

Old Dec 25th, 2002, 03:20 PM
Boots

Even as a non-Christian I love this season - it symbolizes love, compassion and understanding between all the people of the Earth and nothing could make me happier. I think of the Christian's birth of Jesus and the light(the star, the candles) and to me this represents what is good and sacred in all religions. Merry Christmas to all!