Disneyland Breakfast with Characters Help

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 1st, 2003, 05:14 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are going to Anaheim, CA June 21-28 of this year and are planning a trip to Disneyland. My daughter is 4 and would love a breakfast( or lunch or dinner) with some of the characters. Does anyone know how to book this and is it worth it to the kids?? Thanks.
Old May 1st, 2003, 08:28 PM

I do not know about the character breakfasts, but, if you go to California Adventure, there is a very cute show in the Hollywood area that lasts about 15 minutes that your daughter would love. Minnie, Mickey, Donald, Daisy & Goofy and Goofy's son show up. The theme is making a film about a day at the beach. The kids all are invited to come and sit right down in front. The show is repeated several times a day and the kids can meet the characters afterwards.

Hey, I took a lot of photos of that silly show and I am definitely not a kid.

Fun!
Old May 2nd, 2003, 05:45 AM

I always enjoyed the look on my kids faces when they came face to face with their favorite Disney characters, so, in answer to your question, yes I think it's worth it to treat them to a character meal. My kids were a little older than yours so they still remember the experiences they had, but bring along a camera to record the day. Goofy's Kitchen in the Disneyland Hotel offers a breakfast or dinner buffet. The breakfast buffet has a good selection of eggs, waffles, etc., but the dinner has roast beef, ham, side dishes, dessert bar, and salad bar. Breakfast is from 7 to 1 and dinner is from 5 to 9. The breakfast is 18.95 for adults and 9.95 for children. Dinner is 26.95 for adults and 9.95 for children. There's also a Minnie and Friends buffet breakfast at the PCH Grill in the Paradise Pier Hotel, and you can have breakfast in the park with some of the characters at the Plaza on Main Street, but they don't accept reservations. The phone number for reservations for the others is (714)781-3463.
Old May 2nd, 2003, 10:57 AM

I highly recommend the character breakfast! It's great to have the characters come to your table, sign autographs, pose for photos. We went to the one at Goofy's Kitchen as we were staying at the Disney hotel. Reservations are a must and call as soon as possible. We called too close to going and ended up with a very early breakfast and my son was not a happy camper. We also went in Disney World and had a much better time slot! Also without reservations you'll have to wait a long time to be seated.
Old May 2nd, 2003, 02:08 PM

I've done the Goofy's Kitchen breakfast - mainly because we usually stay at the Disneyland Hotel (and that's where the restaurant is). My kids LOVED it. Two reasons I'd do it at least once for the kids:
1. Great chance to see/touch/talk to the characters - once inside Disneyland those same characters will be mobbed by tons of other kids/parents trying to get photos. This is way more one on one - they even come sit at your table for a few minutes and are wandering around the whole time, also there's a photo station for those pictures!
2. Your kids will probably be in a better mood at breakfast and will enjoy the experience much more. I find my kids can barely even eat dinner at night, let alone be awake enough to realize what's going on is for them!
Old May 2nd, 2003, 02:09 PM

Re reason #2. This applies only after a whole day of Disney - they usually do eat dinner and are wide awake for the whole thing!
Old May 2nd, 2003, 05:45 PM

There is a hotel next to the Disneyland Hotel - it was called the Pan-Pacific - that also had character breakfasts when we were there several years ago. Belle & Gaston from B&TB put on a great show for us! We had the same monorail & early entry privleges as people in the DH. Anybody been there recently?
Old May 2nd, 2003, 06:00 PM

We are trying Ariel's Grotto, with our three yr old, for dinner in a few weeks. It is inside the California Adventure Park. Ariel greets everyone at the door when you arrive and takes pictures and signs autographs. Then a few characters travel around to the tables. Also, I don't believe it is a buffet, but it is a set price and you choose from a list of entrees and soup/salad and desert are included. We are planning on seeing the Electrical Parade after dinner, so having dinner inside the park will be nice.

Goofy's Kitchen is a lot of fun. I'm not sure you can ever know which characters will be there, besides Goofy & Chip & Dale. When we were there last, we saw Genie, Baloo, Alice in Wonderland and the Mad Hatter. I do recommend the breakfast, however, because you can get so much more accomplished in the parks the first few hours when it opens (without much waiting), I prefer to do a character dinner, than 'waste' the time in the morning at breakfast. JMHO

I'm sure you will have a great time!
Old May 3rd, 2003, 12:36 AM

In response to Merilee Tucker - who enjoyed the look on her kids' faces when they came face to face with their favorite characters -

When our usually brave and outgoing daughter was 3 we went to some charity benefit at which you got face to face with her favorite TV character - Barney.
I can still remember her terrified shrieking and remember our sprint to the parking lot to catch her as she ran crying from the restaurant.

We skipped the Disney character breakfasts the next year at WDW!
Old May 3rd, 2003, 08:32 PM

And some kids are absolutely terrified of Santa Claus until they are old enough to know he's really Mom & Dad.
Old May 5th, 2003, 05:10 AM

IT might also depend on the age and sex of your children.

We took our granddughter to WDW and had breakfast in Cinderalla's Castle with several prnicesses. MAny girls( including ours) came dressed in princess dresses.

The waiter, in costume, addresses the kids as M'lady or M'lord.

The princesses( from each Disney story) came by each table, one at a time for pictures. It was definitely a highlight of our trip.
Old May 5th, 2003, 05:30 AM

We also took our granddaughters to the Cinderella breakfast and to the Mickey Mouse Character buffet - both at Florida Disney. A tip-Have each child with an autograph book and a thick pen (easier for character to hold)...then have their picture taken and have them sign the autograph book. When I got home, I married the autograph with the picture in their photo album...they look thru it often! Well worth it in my opinion.