Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Disney World - Where can my son see Toy Story and Aladdin Characters?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7th, 2001, 06:08 PM
cj

I am just starting my research and planning into our first Disney trip. My 4 year old son is crazy about Buzz Lightyear and Woody, he also thinks Aladdin and Jasmine are pretty cool. Does anyone know of what activities or Character Meals they will be present at?

I know about Pizza Planet, and I also read somewhere that Jafar was spotted at WDW, but I could not find out where.

Old Aug 7th, 2001, 06:17 PM
Wendy

We saw Buzz, Woody, Jasmine, Aladin, and the green army soldiers (from Toy Story) all at MGM.

Old Aug 8th, 2001, 04:23 AM
ilisa

MGM is the best place to see those characters. Also, the MGM Soundstage Restaurant has a character breakfast that includes the Aladdin characters. Make sure you take your son on the Buzz Lightyear ride at Magic Kindgom (a very addicting ride for all ages) as well as the Aladdin Flying Carpets.

Old Aug 8th, 2001, 04:56 AM
Sue

Ilisa---

When our family was at MGM in May, the Soundstage Restaurant had been changed to a theater. They do the Bear in the Big Blue House show there now.

Old Aug 8th, 2001, 06:59 AM
Laurie

We saw all of the Aladdin character at Epcot world showcase in Morocco. Ask the cast members working in the Morroco area what time the next "appearance" will be. Try the restaurant as well- they have belly dancing and music. Kids love it. In general, Epcot bases the characters according to the story's location. ex. Belle & Beast are in France, Mulan in China, etc. etc. I think Jasmine and Aladdin occassionally make appearances at the Cinderella castle breakfast- Once upon a breakfast, but not guaranteed. Enjoy WDW! We can't wait until Feb. when we are going back- this time taking our 2 yr old daughter.

Old Aug 8th, 2001, 07:39 AM
ilisa

Thanks, Sue. I actually haven't eaten there for about a year and a half or so. It's too bad it was a good breakfast and a fun one at that.

Old Aug 8th, 2001, 04:48 PM
cj

Thank you for sharing all your experiences. We are going to keep our vacation pretty low key because we are travelling with a 2 and 4 year old. We wanted to be sure to see Buzz and Aladdin though.

Are there any other suggestions of "must not miss" attractions for our kids?