DISNEY WORLD Tickets

Search

DISNEY WORLD Tickets

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28th, 2006, 09:15 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DISNEY WORLD Tickets

Does anyone have ANY suggestions on where to buy Disney World Tickets? It is so dang expensive, almost a thousand bucks for family of 5 for 2 days. This is crazy!
Old Mar 28th, 2006, 09:19 AM

kp5....It's not cheap,never meant to be.Think about the cost of food, and souvenirs...Tell the kids no?? Its tough.It takes a lot of work to make it reasonable.Go to disboards.com.Look at some of the other threads about Disney.You can make it happen.Best of Luck!
Old Mar 28th, 2006, 09:20 AM

Disney is well-known for offering few if any discounts....your local AAA office will sometimes have maybe a 5 to 7% discount if you buy them there.
Old Mar 28th, 2006, 09:27 AM
Neopolitan

Hey, clients of mine who live here in Naples (just over four hours by car from DisneyWorld) just took their 15 year old grandson for three nights. Their bill to the travel agent? $7500.
Of course they flew up, took a helicopter to the park, stayed in a two bedroom suite at the concierge level of the Grand Floridian, had reservations at all the top dining spots (meals were not included in the $7500 by the way) and totally went first class. They are complaining how expensive Disney is. Duh! It's all relative, isn't it.

Old Mar 28th, 2006, 09:30 AM
trippinkpj

I hear www.mousesavers.com is good. Don't know if they can help you with discounts. Check into packages, and if you belong to AAA, that's a good suggestion. FYI, I've only been to Walt Disney World once because of the cost. We went as part of a Karate group and got discounts that way.

Old Mar 28th, 2006, 09:31 AM
Original Poster

This is so sad. Is there ever any like ticket scalpers around the park entrance? Haha...kidding, but not really.

Karlie
Old Mar 28th, 2006, 10:18 AM
J62

No, you will not likely find scalpers lurking around the entrance. Every square inch of Disney property is under their control. If anything such as a cigarette butt hits the ground it's usually whisked away in minutes or less.

In the REALLY old days you could find deals on ticket books with leftover ticket from guests who were completing their vacation but there were never any E tickets - only lower categories. Those days changed when Disney went to daily admission and not per-ride tickets decades ago.
Old Mar 28th, 2006, 10:51 AM

I just found out about this site, but have never used them. They seem to be a little cheaper. http://www.mapleleaftickets.com/
Old Mar 28th, 2006, 10:54 AM

Disney's website offers a discount if you buy your tickets online.

Another option might be eBay. A lot of people buy 7-day passes (after four days, the price difference to add days is almost nothing) and then sell their pass online with the leftover day or two or three. I've never done this personally because I usually go for long trips and need to buy a longer pass, but for a two-day trip it might be an option...
Old Mar 28th, 2006, 10:55 AM
Neopolitan

kparker, it might help if you'd actually read some of the responses.
If you did you would know now that scalpers charge more for tickets than the park does.
Is that really want you're looking for-- more expensive tickets than you can buy at the booth?

Have you tried any of the many suggestions given to you? If so, what were the results? Telling us what you're finding might be more valuable than simply whining about the high cost.

Old Mar 28th, 2006, 11:57 AM

We used ticketmania.com. They cost a bit less than through Disney, but they were still expensive.
Old Mar 28th, 2006, 12:37 PM

WDW is using fingerprint identification now at the park entrances so that it's not possible to use the leftover portion of someone else's tickets (perhaps if they were old tics, but not the current tics).
Old Mar 28th, 2006, 01:34 PM

How can tickets for 2 days for a family of 5 cost $1,000? A 2 day ticket for someone age 10+ is $125 (no park hopper, water park or other add-on- just a basic ticket to one park per day). So, even if your family consists of 2 adults and 3 kids over the age of 9, the most you would spend is $625. If any kids are under 9, then you spend less than $625. Not cheap, but not $1,000.

Old Mar 28th, 2006, 04:52 PM

Be careful with eBay - a lot of people have really gotten stung w/ WDW tickets there. The thing is that Disney recently went to a new system where the tickets expire 14 days after the first day of use. There are non-expiring tickets but they're expensive. Ticketmania.com & mapleleaftickets.com are both reputable.

If you know anyone with left-over days from the days before tickets expired, you can use them.

WDW restructured their ticket prices so that the price gets downright cheap the more days you add.

I have heard that some of the area timeshares will give you discounted tickets if you attend the presentation and tour the property but I'd rather have a spike driven through my head so you're on your own for this one.
Old Mar 28th, 2006, 06:06 PM

LOL Ajcolorado! I'd rather have a spike driven through my head than to sit through one of those sales pitches too - I hear ya on that one!
Old Mar 28th, 2006, 08:02 PM
Neopolitan

Yes, and according to my unofficial survey, exactly 73.6 % of all timeshares sold in the Orlando area were sold to people who went to the presentation to get cheaper tickets swearing there was no way they were going to be talked into buying a timeshare.