Disney World - staying in park

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28th, 2004, 10:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Need pros and cons of inexpensive hotels in Disney World (All Star Sports, Music, Movies, etc). There is a difference of $60 per night between these and next class of hotel (Port Orleans).
Thanks.
Old Mar 28th, 2004, 12:49 PM

We have been to Disney World many times and have stayed both on and off property at various price levels.

I don't think there is any major disadvantage with staying at All Stars over the moderate properties except for the fact that they only sleep four while some of the moderates take five. Although not as "plush" (it is amazing how Disney makes each property sort of fit the price range), an added benefit is that the food cost also matches the property (less expensive food choices at less expensive properties). You'll get all kinds of opinions about the transportation, but basically if you have to take a bus from a property, it will be pretty much the same.

Old Mar 28th, 2004, 01:32 PM

I have stayed at both and, while the All Stars are perfectly acceptable, they are very basic. I missed the atmosphere of the Port Orleans. Transportation is about same, but the grounds and pools are nicer. Even my kids noticed the difference. If I went back, I'd definately go with the slightly more expensive hotel. But we don't go there very often, so it seems worth it, I guess.
Old Mar 28th, 2004, 07:06 PM

I have not stayed there but have heard that the rooms are very small and the walls are thin.
Old Mar 28th, 2004, 07:27 PM

I have stayed at the All-Stars several times over the years. Rooms are small but adequate for family of four. Great choice if you have kids, there are LOTS of kids and lots of noise. We spent most of the day in the parks or by the pool anyway. Advantage is that the shuttle busses come regularly and often, we had to wait no more than 5-10 min for a bus.
Old Mar 29th, 2004, 01:52 AM

I have stayed at the Caribbean Beach Resort in Walt Disney World and I would say 3 people would comfortable in that room.Never 5!! It's cheesy to say the least and yes the walls are thin.
Old Mar 29th, 2004, 07:28 AM

In Feb 2003 we stayed at the Coronado Springs - one of the moderate resorts, saving about$90/night over staying at eh deluxe resorts as we had in the past. This resort was very nice and the room was nearly as well equipped as the deluxe rooms. It had a coffee maker, hair dryer and room service - things not found at the time in other moderates or at the value resorts. The resort was very pretty, had a terrific pool, good restaurants. The room was average size and did not have interior corridors like the deluxes. But for the money it was a great value. My understanding is that this hotel offers more than the other moderates because it is a convention hotel and had to upgrade the amenitities in order to compete. The transportation was quick and easy. Several bus stops around the resort so you shouldn't have to walk too far.

If you do consider staying at a moderate consider Coronado Springs. Not all the moderates are equally equipped but they all charge the same price.

Of course to save $60/night I would definately consider the value resorts. To date it hasn't been considered because my kids love water slides at pools and there are none at the value resorts.

But I'm sure you'll have a great stay wherever you choose.