Reload this Page >

Disney World Honeymoon July 1998

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17th, 1998, 07:11 PM
Sheree' Durrington

We are going to Disney World for our honeymoon in July 1998. Neither of us have been to Disney World and we are wondering what are the best things to see? Anything we should definitly not miss? Anything not worth wasting time on? We will be there 5 days. Also, what are the best restaurants to eat at with reasonable prices and good food? Thanks for your suggestions.

Old Jan 18th, 1998, 07:36 PM
Lynn

Just got back from 5 days at WDW. I can tell you my opinion of things not to miss, but everyone likes different things. Hopefully, you will get more input.

My favorite theme park was MGM. Do not miss the Tower of Terror (elevator drop ride), the Little Mermaid Show, the Muppet Vision, Indiana Jones show, Star Tours (ride).

Epcot was my second favorite. Do not miss Cranium Command in the Wonders of Life, Honey I Shrunk the Audience.. Other things "worthwhile" to see--Spaceship Earth, the Centorium Shop for Disney Character photo ops in the evening (check the schedule you get in the park for times), Ellen's Energy Adventure, Body Wars, The Circle of Life, Living with the Land, and Character shows in the America Gardens Theatre. Not worth the wait: The Boat ride in Norway, The Living Seas. For food, we ate at Alfredo's in Italy which was good. If you like Mexican, go inside the Mexican exhibit building and in the very back is a very quaint, romantic mexican restaurant. They have a boat ride inside here that is also worthwhile.

Magic Kingdom - Do not miss Space Mountain. Other things "worthwhile" in Tomorrowland: Astro Orbiter, the Timekeeper, Carousel of Progress; in Fantasyland: Legend of the Lion King; in Liberty Square the Hall of Presidents; in Frontierland Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Country Bear Jamboree. Not worth the wait: Pirates of the Caribbean in Adventureland, Splash Mountain in Frontierland.

We didn't get to any of the water parks so I can't comment. You might enjoy shopping and nightclubbing in Disney Town, where Pleasure Island is and many shops & restaurants. The Rainforest Cafe is there, but there was a 70 minute wait the night we were there. We got a meal a Wolfgang Pucks Express that was excellent. Lots of interesting shops--Disney, candy, food, etc.

Hope this helps.

Old Jan 20th, 1998, 06:09 AM
Melanie

Disney is totally different without kids. There are tons of things to do from an adult perspective. The best book we've found, is: The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World. It is NOT put out or sponsored by WDW, so there are no pictures of anything and it looks frightening because of all the small type! We have purchased it twice and read both copies front to back. His stories are hilarious and he gives a completely un-biased opinion on how to see everything based on your particular needs. Get the book, well worth the $15. Have a great trip

Old Jan 20th, 1998, 06:19 PM
Lynn

Agree with Melanie--our two teenage nieces received the book as a Christmas gift since they were going to WDW with us over New Year's. They carried it with them and the book was tremendously helpful and we used it as a reference when deciding which attractions to see.

Old Jan 20th, 1998, 06:36 PM
Kitty

I really enjoy Medieval Times on Hwy 92 in Kissimmee (Kissimmee is the town to the east out the gates of Disney). I live in Tampa and go there for the dinner show sometimes. There is a jousting show where each seating area is assigned a knight. There also is a museum and a bird show. It is alot of fun!
I hear that King Henry's Feast is similar, but I haven't been there. Medieval times is the original dinner show of it's kind in the area and I love it!
Get a brochure from your hotel.
Kitty

Old Jan 21st, 1998, 03:03 PM
cori

Disney World is great. I've been there 5 times and never tire of it. Great advise is same as above - get a WDW book. Even better go to the library and get them all out there are quite a few. Make sure you go on Alien Encounter in the Magic Kingdom. It is one of the newer rides. The first time is freaky. You'll have to go on it twice because your so into whats happening to you that you don't pay attention to the story behind the ride. One thing we found really interesting and is not in any guides is at MGM studios on the way out from the sound show are doors with green and red lights. Make sure you go into one of these booths. This is one of our favorite things here. I won't give it away but make sure you don't miss it. It will be very hot and CROWDED in July expect long waits for rides. Go EARLY,EARLY,EARLY to the parks. You will get more done in the first 2 hrs than the rest of the day!!!!. Stay in a Disney Resort. They are wonderful. We have stayed at the All Star Music Resort and Dixi Landings. A resonably priced place for a honeymood would be Wilderness Lodge. If you can afford more go for the more expensive Resort Hotels ie: Beach Club, Poynesian,Grand Floridian. If you can't afford them make sure you eat in there restaurants. They are good. I particularly like the one in Wilderness Lodge. For something fun go to MGM and try SciFi drive in to eat or Prime time cafe. There are some excellent restaurants in Disney Village. The Rainforest is very interesting and fun and Portabello yaught club is very good. If you have any other questions, just e-mail me. I love talking Disney. p.s. Don't miss the water parks. If you only have time for one make it Blizzard Beach!!! These water parks are so nice
I can hardly get myself to go to a regular one after visiting Disney.