Disney world christmas parade

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23rd, 2006, 12:08 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know when the parade that will be broadcast on Christmas day was taped this year. I would like to go next year during the week it is taped. I called Disney World one year in Nov.to ask when it will be but this must be top secret info they told me they didn't know when. They do have to have an idea way ahead of time since they have to schedule the date for the school bands and the hosts of the parade. If anyone was there this year I would appreciate any info. I think it was in the middle of the month sometime.
Old Dec 23rd, 2006, 12:35 PM

I googled "filming DisneyWorld parade and got this:

http://tinyurl.com/y3udab

In other words, it was taped on three days.
Old Dec 23rd, 2006, 01:34 PM

They normally tape it at the beginning of December (like the first week) on a few different days.
Old Dec 23rd, 2006, 02:28 PM

we were there when they did the taping. it was fri and sat, dec 1&2. regis and kelly weren't there until saturday.

due to expected crowds, we stayed far away from magic kingdom those days.
Old Dec 23rd, 2006, 05:03 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the information. I didn't realize it was taped over several days. Ah the magic of TV.
Old Dec 23rd, 2006, 06:36 PM

I never thought about it and assumed it was live until a couple years ago when we here in Florida were in the middle of a real cold wave and it was pouring rain on Christmas, yet the Disney Parade was in blazing sunshine. That was the first I realized it wasn't live.
Old Dec 23rd, 2006, 06:39 PM

We were there on the 4th . . it was incredible!

Rich
Old Dec 24th, 2006, 05:54 AM

Hi mmouse52,
We were there on November 30th. We stay away when the parade is being taped as it is just mobbed! Made sure we were in EPCOT the first day of the Parade. Normally we try to go to Magic Kingdom a day or so after the parade because they will have the Christmas tree up. Before the parade they have the whole area blocked off for the broadcasters.

As was mentioned earlier, it is taped over a few days. Go to www.disboards.com and search for the parade. You'll get first hand experiences from people that have attended the taping. But,if it is something you always wanted to do, go for it. Hey we went the the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade one year (out of the hotel at 6:00 a.m. for a 9:00 a.m. parade). Probably will never go again, but it was fun and I am glad we did it.

enjoy,
Duane
Old Dec 25th, 2006, 07:59 AM

If you're into parades, I guess it would be much better to be there in person and watch the taping than to try to watch it on TV. I just turned it off after about an hour. I have never in my life seen a show so totally geared at advertising (and hey, I'm normally a big supporter of Disney here). I guess if you're at the actual parade you could actually watch the performers and bands without the constant cutaways to talk about the Disney timeshare stuff, or the current tours, or the travel packages, or whatever else. I'm not talking about the regular commercials, I'm talking about how not one thing is shown without fading into talking about how you can "buy" more of it in one way or another. At last I see what so many people mean when they talk about over-commercializaion.