Disney World Christmas 22

Old Mar 8th, 2021, 05:00 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Disney World Christmas 22

My wife and i are planning to take our three adult children and their spouses + five grand children (whose ages will be, 9, 6, 6,4 and 4) to Disney World for 14 days, over Christmas 2022 and New Year's. I am purposely building in the 14 days to allow for some leisure time as we plan to hit all of the parks and Disney water parks. I need advise where to stay as I want to find an upscale VRBO or like home that can accommodate our family and be close enough to the parks for easy daily access. Ideally we would stay on the Disney property to access the shuttle system. However, I am guessing that will not be practical. Any suggestions? Getting to and from the parks each day as simple and reasonable as possible is important.

Thanks

JS

Old Mar 8th, 2021, 05:21 PM

you can try disney timeshare rentals.........people rental their timeshare properties out.
Old Mar 9th, 2021, 04:47 AM

For great info on Disney World go to https://www.disboards.com/
Old Mar 9th, 2021, 11:14 AM

There are several Disney resorts with two and even three bedroom condo/villas, two of those close together may work. 14 days is a lot even with relax time built in. If the water parks are even open it can be pretty chilly around Xmas time. I remember scraping frost off our car windows about 15 years ago in the hotel parking lot at that time of year. Warmed up during the day, but don't think it ever hit 60. Also been there at that time when it's been very nice, though not really water park weather.
Old Mar 9th, 2021, 12:11 PM

This is REALLY a long way off unless you mean THIS year--2021

I will say that DH's parents did that for our family with kids about the same age and it was memorable. We stayed in the hotel on site, one family per room.
Old Mar 9th, 2021, 03:56 PM
Original Poster

thanks for the tip
Old Mar 9th, 2021, 03:56 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the tip
Old Mar 9th, 2021, 06:43 PM

here are some websites: https://magicguides.com https://www.themeparktourist.com https://www.disneytouristblog.com https://globalmunchkins.com https://blog.itrip.net/insider-tips-...-disney-world/ I thought the meal plan worked well....we didn't do sit down restaurants...too hard with little kids. Also if a birthday make sure to get a celebration badge,it gets some freebees' staying in the park helps getting around and no need for any cars or vans on your own.

Last edited by Moderator1; Mar 10th, 2021 at 07:55 PM. Reason: broken links
Old Mar 16th, 2021, 01:38 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
We went years ago and there are perks to staying on property. Like above, there are timeshares and villas to rent and I think planning way in advance for a disney christmas week is necessary!
The weather may not be as warm as you'd like for swimming. We went in December one year and we had winter coats on at night and we came from NJ. Christmas time is magical. I remember it snowing on main street and other festive events. We ate on property at sit down restaurants with characters involved and it was great fun! There are time periods to book special dinners. You have to read up ahead of time when that is. We have girls and wanted a Cinderella Castle breakfast. I had to call exactly 90 days in advance to book it and I called at exactly 90 days in order to get it. I would join Disney boards where Disney expert vacationers tell all the ins and outs. There are books too you can look at right now to see what the recommendations are. You may want to do hotel rooms and have your own space to relax in at night. Staying in one house will be a lot of together time which is wonderful, but getting a good night sleep helps you to be ready to go the next day!
Old Apr 4th, 2021, 06:33 PM

This is a very generous and wonderful offer, but 13 people for 14 days? Will all the adults and children be able to be absent from work/school for that amount of time? Do you have a budget in mind? You might want to print out the flights and the tickets and then allot the money for food, accommodations, extras. There are definitely house rentals that would accommodate your group but they won't be as convenient as the DVC rentals that people have suggested. But a DVC rental (more likely 2-3 of them) for your group during the Christmas season will be very pricey.
Old Apr 5th, 2021, 07:54 AM

I thinke there are a lot of time shares in the area that might be a possibility.
I think the 14 days is a lot but that is up to them for their trip.
I think there are a lot of discount coupons for various things that will become available as that far off time comes nearer. They will benefit GREATLY by shopping for those.

As I said above, we were the recipeints of just such a trip and for that number of people and it lives still 45 years later. And believe me, all costs are relative--it was just as expensive then as now in relative terms.
Old Apr 5th, 2021, 09:02 AM

Lots of TV ads in South Florida for Encore Resort at Reunion. 4-13 bedrooms available.

Old Apr 7th, 2021, 06:19 AM

That's going to be some trip! What a blast! There are a lot of things to be considered, but what I am hearing you say is that ease of transportation is really important to you. The easiest thing to do is to find a way to make it work while staying on Disney property. With that many people, you are going to have multiple vehicles and each of them has to pay $25 to park. Different folks may want to stay for a different amount of time in the parks or go to different parks. Some may want to watch fireworks while others put little ones to bed. If you are staying on property everyone can come and go as you please by using Disney transportation which is included in your room charge. There are rooms to rent with full kitchens and multiple bedrooms. We stayed at the treehouse villas a couple of years ago. Have fun planning! Happy to answer more questions if you need some help. Another poster also mentioned the disboards. They're a huge source of info www.disboards.com