DISNEY HOTEL

Old Feb 11th, 2013, 04:18 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DISNEY HOTEL

Any advice is appreciated. Have a 2 and 4 year old and planning a trip to Disney for 5 nights. Will be spending 2 days at Magic Kingdom and a day at each of the other parks. Can't decide whether to stay at the Polynesian or Beach Club. Will Beach Club be that inconvenient not being on the monorail?
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 05:05 PM

I'd vote for Polynesian. It wouldn't be that inconvenient, but it is so so easy to run back and grab a nap when you have the monorail. Plus a huge advantage at the start and end of the day.
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 05:59 PM

Definitely stay on the monorail. The Magic Kingdom has the most attractions geared toward preschoolers, and you will likely spend most of your time there. You can roll a stroller straight onto the monorail, unlike the buses. Handy when you have a sleeping child. Also, the monorail tends to arrive more frequently than waiting for the buses. You'll still use the buses for Animal Kingdom and the Studios (unless you walk over to the Studios from Epcot). It's nice to be able to take the monorail quickly back to your hotel for naps, swimming, changes of clothes, etc.

When my kids were 2 and 4, we stayed at the Polynesian. They loved the monorail and thought of it as another ride. In fact,, it was their favorite ride at that age.
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 12:27 AM

If staying close to the Magic Kingdom does it for you then yes, stay on the monorail. If being in the Disney hotel with the acknowledged best pool is important then stay at the Beach Club.
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 08:34 AM

I've never stayed at the Beach Club but the Polynesian is my favorite Disney hotel though I haven't stayed there in 10+ years. The grounds are lovely and even romantic after dark. You can see the lights of the MK as well. Not sure if they still have the evening light parade on the water which you would see from 1 or more locations of the property. Definitely convenient for the monorail and as 1 poster said, easy to get back for relaxation/naps during the day. As Dukey states, Beach club does have a better pool should that be a major factor.
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 08:51 AM

It is so much "better" that they give you a wristband so they can keep all the other people staying in Disney on-property hotels OUT.

Look, the Monorail is really great from the MK resort hotels TO the MK and if you are willing to change at the TTC for another monorail over to Epcot...but what about when you are through with the MK, then what?

Frankly, we have sometimes found the bus system works as well if not better depending on where you are going but there are lots of factors to consider, obviously.

Have a great trip.
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 08:53 AM

Take a look at the new pool renovations at the Polynesian also before deciding.
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 10:49 AM

I'd do Art of Animation instead. Get a suite...Cars, Lion King, Finding Nemo. You'll get your own bedroom and the kids can use the murphy bed or the pull out couch. It'll be nice to get a break from each other. Plus, AoA has a splash pad area which is great for younger ones who can't swim on their own yet.