Disney - Hopper Tickets or Not?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10th, 2005, 05:53 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be going to Disney in May--Saturday to Saturday. I have never been to Disney, but can't decide whether to buy Hopper tickets. Our plan is to spend one day for each of the Disney parks, the other two days we will go to Universal/IOA. I know everyone has their own opinion, but I have talked to some people that say definitely get the hopper passes and others say don't waste your money. I just wanted to get some other opinions. We are planning to be at the parks at opening, go back to the hotel in the late afternoon and return to the park at night, of course with the exception of Animal Kingdom. I know you can have the Hopper pass added after you purchase the tickets. Does it take long to have the Hopper pass added? If we have good weather, I just don't see the need to switch from park to park.
Old Apr 10th, 2005, 07:34 PM

We are Disney veterans - 9yr has been there 7 times. (Embarassing as it may be.) We like to park hop. If one park starts to get crowded we head to a different one. Hoppers will allow you to revisit your favorites. Magic Kingdom is open much later than Animal Kingdom. If you don't get the hoppers, be sure to check the evening program schedules (parades, fireworks...). By May they should be almost nightly - if not, you will want to plan your park visits accordingly. Check out www.disboards.com There is a wealth of information over there & loads of friendly people.
Old Apr 10th, 2005, 07:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glad to help, but which Disney property?
Old Apr 11th, 2005, 03:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't know how much more $$ it is for thr hoppers, but I would go for them. That way you can go to Epcot for Illuminations at night or to MGM for Fantasmic at night or the fireworks at Magic Kingodom without being limited. I like the freedom of going from park to park.
Old Apr 11th, 2005, 03:34 AM

We always like to hop from park to park. We usually do one day in each park and then spend a day hitting things we missed or redoing favorites. We like the flexibility.
Old Apr 11th, 2005, 03:55 AM

We always buy park hoppers. I like the flexibility park hoppers give us. If one park is too crowded, we go to a different park. Also, we usually do one park in the morning and a different park later in the day. I think it is worth the $$.
Old Apr 11th, 2005, 04:28 AM

Definitely get park hoppers. Since you'll be there a week, and while you may start out with a *plan* the hoppers will give you many more options.

There are a few places where you can still purchase the old hoppers that are less expensive. We purchased them in february and used them over spring break. Check out the DISBOARDS.com (for everything disney) where they list websites selling the old hoppers. The new *Magic Your Way* hoppers end up being pricier, especially when only going a few days. Again, this is discussed in GREAT detail on the DISBOARDS.

Have fun, there is nothing like WallyWorld!
Old Apr 11th, 2005, 05:45 AM

I have not been there since the ticket change but have had some friends do it.

Can't tweety buy hoppers that expire in 2 weeks for less than the "old" style, never expiring hoppers? I know you can put more money into it and still get the never expiring types.

At any rate, my family is also big fans of the hopper. Seems that the best laid plans always change in the land of the mouse....
Old Apr 11th, 2005, 07:18 AM

You can get more opinions and info on WDW at www.disboards.com.
Old Apr 11th, 2005, 08:37 AM

We like Park Hoppers as well. The main reason being that we like to go to one park in the morning and then go over to Epcot to eat each night.