Disney Halloween Party

Search

Disney Halloween Party

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5th, 2010, 03:10 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Disney Halloween Party

Has anyone been to the Disney Halloween Party? My hubby and I are going alone to Disney World are wondering and if it's worth the extra money. What are your opinions? We're not into costumes ... think we'll be uncomfortable not wearing them?
Old Sep 5th, 2010, 03:42 PM

Are you aware of an alternative: Halloween Horror Nights at Universal?
http://www.halloweenhorrornights.com...do/home_b.html

Old Sep 5th, 2010, 03:52 PM

Received 42 Likes on 2 Posts
My sister and I went one year. We went to Disney World with a bunch of friends but we were the only ones who went to the Halloween party. We didn't get dressed up although there were some kids and adults that did. I bought Halloween t-shirts at Old Navy for $5 before we went and that's what we wore.

They close the park and only if you have a ticket, can you get in. It wasn't very crowded so we were able to walk on some rides without a wait. They also have a parade and candy stops, that you can trick or treat at. They give you a bag to put your candy in and you must say "trick or treat". It was fun because I haven't been trick or treating since I was a kid.
Old Oct 11th, 2010, 12:54 PM

We just returned on Saturday from WDW. We did not do the party but were at MK on a night when it was offered. We saw some crazy good costumes and then there were folks just wearing a pumpkin t-shirt. My kids were upset we weren't doing the party but we go every couple of years and we plan to attend in 2012.

Check out www.disboards.com for lots of information on the party, costumes, parade, fireworks, etc. It's a wealth of information.
Old Oct 12th, 2010, 04:52 AM

IMO the hard-ticket events like this one and the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party have gotten way too expensive. Particularly if you're looking at doing this vs. adding another day to a multi-day pass (after the 3rd day the marginal additional day is incredibly cheap).
Old Oct 12th, 2010, 07:59 AM

The Disney halloween party is more catered to children, so I'd probably recommend Universals Horror Nights. You are not allowed to dress up in costume at horror nights so that's a plus so you don't feel uncomfortable! Although it can be quite scary so those who are faint of heart should probably refrain. It's wicked fun though