Reload this Page >

Discontinue of FOL policy at Universal

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7th, 2001, 09:33 AM
Tony

I read someone that Universal Orlando was dicontinuing the Front of the Line Perk if you stay on-site. We were thinking of staying on-site primarily for this perk but don't know if extra bucks are worth it if this is true. Has anyone heard this. I imagine Universal may be getting complaints from those who don't stay on-site.
Thanks

Old Aug 7th, 2001, 09:38 AM
curious

Wow. That's the ONLY reason we went last March. Stayed at the Hard Rock and FOTL was amazing. Oh well, I quess I won't be returning to Disney or Universal now. I refuse to spend my vacation waiting in lines. Try the universal website, (used to be usfinfo.com, but think it has moved) They have everything you've ever wanted to know about Universal and then some.

Old Aug 7th, 2001, 09:41 AM
ilisa

What does Disney have to do with this? They are independent of Universal and still have FastPass.

Old Aug 7th, 2001, 09:47 AM
curious

Relax. I went to Disney 3 years ago before the Disney cruise and vowed never to return because of the ridiculous lines. I won't spend my vacation waiting in line and therefore won't go to Disney again. We went to Universal last March because of FOTL and had a great time. If they do away with FOTL then I won't return there either. No big deal, just not the way I choose to vacation. From what I've heard, you still have to wait in line to get the Fastpass at Disney and then return at a certain time. Still wouldn't be worth it to me.

Old Aug 7th, 2001, 09:52 AM
curious

Ilisa, I realize that Disney and Universal are independent. FOTL is better than Fastpass because you just flash your hotel key and go right to the front of the line. NO WAITING, returning etc. Absolutely the best way to visit a theme park. You could see every attraction and ride multiple times. So, for me, no FOTL, no go.

Old Aug 7th, 2001, 10:07 AM
No Name

Just so you know, curious, Fastpass works very well and is a lot more fair than that front of the line nonsense. (I, for one, would never go to a FOTL park. Why stand in line feeling like a second class citizen when you paid big bucks to get in in the first place?)

With Fastpass, there is no standing in line to get the Fastpass, in my experience. Indeed, it works best if one person gets the passes for everyone in the group. You amuse yourself doing other things until it's your turn.

With Fast Pass on my two disney trips since they started it, I was able to ride things I had NEVER ridden because the lines had always been too long. Universal should institute Fast Pass if they want my money.