Directions and Driving Time Help Needed on Oahu

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 15th, 2005, 01:19 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Staying at the Mokuleia Beach Colony in Waialua (North Shore). Have booked a tour out of the Waianae Boat Harbor on the west side. Need to be at the harbor by 7AM (doing this the first morning so getting up early should not be a problem). Would we take 930 to 830 to 99 south and then take H1 and continue back up the coast on 93? This would be on a Tuesday morning in June. How long would (or should) it take to get to our destination? Will we encounter heavy traffic problems in any one specific area? Your help on this would be very much appreciated. Any suggestions for a lunch/beach spot after the tour on our way back "home"?
Old May 15th, 2005, 03:04 PM

You have everything right for driving, except you can get on H-2 near Wahiawa. Take it to H-1 West and then up the Leeward coast to Wai'anae.

It appears to be about an hour drive. So to be safe, 1 1/2 hours should be OK.

You shouldn't encounter too much traffic until you reach the H-2, H-I merge. But 90% of the traffic will take H-I East. Traffic doesn't normally build up until it reaches the H-2, H-1 merge just before the merge going on H-1 East. The exit from H-2 going onto H-1 West is almost 1/2 mile before the H-2, H-1 East merge. So that eliminates almost all of your chances for heavy traffic unless there is an accident.

Traffic on H-1 West should be OK until you reach the end of the freeway. Local traffic the rest of the way going west should not be too bad.

My suggestion for lunch is to find a local place around Wai'anae that has plate lunches. Get take out and go to any of the many beach parks in the area.

Is your tour a dolphin tour?
Old May 15th, 2005, 03:10 PM

By the way, to get on H-2, follow the signs that say 'to Honolulu'. I don't remember any signs that say 'to H-2'.
Old May 15th, 2005, 03:23 PM

You message shows up in the U.S. forum, but not in the Hawaii section. You may want to re-post it in the Hawaii section for more responses.
Old May 15th, 2005, 04:14 PM

FYI, there is no Hawaii section. That is used for the "search" function only. If you want more responses, keep "topping" this thread.
Old May 15th, 2005, 04:34 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for your responses. Yes, it is the dolphin tour.
Old May 15th, 2005, 05:15 PM

Budman, when you post a new message, you can click Hawaii. Then, when the message shows up it will show up in the U.S. messages. But, if you had clicked Hawaii, all you have to do is click on Hawaii in the search function and it shows up. If you do not put it inn the Hawaii section then you have to also put in a subject in the search function.

Try it. It works.
Old May 15th, 2005, 05:39 PM

This is how I see it. If you post a new message on the U.S. Forum, it will show up on the U.S. Forum.

If you post a new message on the U.S. Forum and "click" on Hawaii, the message will still show up in the U.S. Forum.

Clicking on "Hawaii" is only useful if someone wants to create a "search." Then, all messages with either the word "Hawaii" or messages that do not have the word "Hawaii" but have been highlighted when originally posted with "Hawaii," will come up.

It is always good to select a State when you post in order to facilitate others searching for info on that particular State.
Old May 15th, 2005, 06:11 PM

That's exactly what I said.

It is the Hawaii section of the U.S. Forum

If you don't initially click on Hawaii when starting a new thread, your message can be buried within a day.

All anyone has to do is highlight Hawaii in the search and all messages concerning only Hawaii will come up.

If you didn't click on Hawaii when you initiated the thread, the message will not come up unless you add something in the subject for the search.

We've both said the same thing.

Maybe I should have used the term Hawaii sub-section.
Old May 15th, 2005, 06:32 PM

Maybe Hawaii should have its own forum.
Old May 15th, 2005, 06:53 PM

While you should be ahead of the morning rush, I would take Kunia Road to H1.