Reload this Page >

Dining: St. Petersburg

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20th, 1999, 05:45 PM
C. Draper

We will be in the St. Petersburg area in October and we are looking for a really nice place to have a special dinner. Can anyone help us out? Thanks! Cheri

Old Aug 20th, 1999, 07:07 PM
Troy

Cheri,

I don't know if you like Cuban food or not, but there is a great restaurant called Columbia (why the name and the type of food don't match, I dunno). Columbia is located on the top floor of the Pier in St. Pete and has great views. It's been a while so I'm guessing the prices were in the 15-20 range.

There's another restaurant I like alot that is more casual on St. Pete beach called Silas Dent's. It is a surf & turf restaruant with great food and above average service. The prices are about the same.

You could also eat at the Don Cesar Resort which is right on St. Pete Beach and has several restaruants to choose from.

Email me please and let me know where you decided to go!

Bon Apetit! (sp?)

Old Aug 21st, 1999, 04:56 AM
Mary

Are you going to be staying in St. Pete or out on the beaches?

Old Aug 21st, 1999, 07:45 AM
sabrina

I second the suggestion for Columbia. Great food there and in a great location.

However if you're willing to cross the bridge and head over to Tampa, try Bern's Steakhouse.

Old Aug 21st, 1999, 09:34 AM
Melinda

Silas Dents is closed I believe. Bern's Steak House in Tampa is a wonderful experience. The Wine Cellar a little drive north of St. Pete is a nice restaurant as well. Locals go there to celebrate anniversaries etc. The Pier area is a nice alternative to the beach area to walk around and sight see. The Vinoy is a huge old restored hotel by the Pier which has a lovely restaurant.

Old Sep 24th, 1999, 09:54 AM
Julian Ricketts

Silas Dents is great and the Aligator is fantastic. I would definitely recommend it.

Old Sep 24th, 1999, 12:58 PM
GM

Hi,

I've traveled the world over. One of the best restuarants in the world happens to be located in Tampa. Others have mentioned it - BERNS. If you love steak ,fish, fresh organic vegtables and great wines (I beleive it has one of the largest wine cellars in the states), this resturant shouldn't be missed. When you make your reservations ask for their special kitchen and wine cellar tour. Also book a private room upstairs for dessert. I am sure you'll experience a very special dinner.

Have a great vacation !!!