The most romantic hotel/inn in Carmel

Old Sep 23rd, 1999, 02:52 PM
Mark

The most romantic hotel/inn in Carmel

I am planning a trip to Monterey/Carmel for my wedding anniversary and very much interested in staying at a romantic place with a great view, fire place, and spa tub. How does Tickle Pink Inn compare to Highland Inn? Thank you for your help.

Old Sep 23rd, 1999, 06:32 PM
Diane

I heard good things about both of those properties. Try the Carmel Valley Ranch Resort. All the rooms are suites and have fireplaces. A few have private spas on the private deck. Expensive, but worth it.

Old Sep 24th, 1999, 04:31 AM
wombat

Mark -- Please remember that a lot of the romance of Monterey/Carmel is the cities themselves.

Old Sep 24th, 1999, 07:25 AM
dave

Consider either Ventana or the Post Ranch Inn, both on the Big Sur coast, about 25 miles South of Carmel on Highway One.

Old Sep 24th, 1999, 01:24 PM
kam

Carmel Valley Ranch is lovely as is the Highlands Inn. But, have you considered some of the beautiful old Victorians in Pacific Grove? Green Gables, 7 Gables etc. It's a quieter place with a lovely beach front and you can easily visit the rest of Monterey coast.