Search

Dining near LAX

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4th, 2001, 10:15 AM
dee

Dining near LAX

We are staying one day at the 4 Points Sheraton near LAX. Our adult nephew lives in LA and we want to take him to dinner, but not drive too far (10 minutes is good)from the area. Can anyone recommend a good (moderate price-$20-25;good food-no mexican;not noisy) restaurant? Thanks.

Old Mar 4th, 2001, 11:41 AM
Lafan

In-n-out, in-n-out that's what a hamburger is all about

Old Mar 5th, 2001, 06:02 PM
Patrick

I can't believe you haven't gotten a serious response to your question. Where are all the LA Fodorites? I would suggest Marina Del Rey as a very close area with some good restaurants. Cafe Del Rey is my favorite, but I fear it will be a little over your budget. There are several big kind of neat waterfront places around the Marina with reasonable prices but I really can't remember the names. Hope someone will help us out here.

Old Mar 6th, 2001, 09:10 AM
michele

Dee,
There are lots of restaurants in the Marina. Here are three that have excellent reputations.

Cafe del Rey on Admiralty Way. CAN be very expensive but can be reasonable. It depends on what you order. Everything from pizza to grilled salmon.

Caffe Pinguini -good Italian food. I think it's in Playa del Rey, but close to the airport. Friendly old-fashioned kind of spot.

Rock- Hans Rockenwagner's more casual spot. Fusion food, Can be pricey; once again, it depends on what is ordered.

There's also Joe's Restaurant in Venice.
Very good grilled fish and chicken. Leans to simple well-done meals.

Hope that helps.

Old Mar 6th, 2001, 10:33 AM
CJ

The Cheesecake Factory in Marina del Rey. Outdoor dining on the water.