Search

Diners

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 05:04 AM
Laura

Diners

Hi. I'm meeting a friend near but not at West Point, and I was wondering if there's a diner or coffee shop in Newburgh or surrounding areas that would be a convenient rendezvous point. We won't have time for a lovely lunch at any of the great restaurants I've seen you recommend for that area. Can any of you local folks give me a suggestion? I'm coming from Danbury CT. Thanks.

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 06:04 AM
r-travels

There's a rather large diner "Gateway Diner" just off the Thruway exit in Newburgh. I don't know the exact address, but you should be able to do a search for it ... convenient to both the NYS Thruway and I-84.

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 07:01 AM
Merilee

The Gateway Diner is fairly new, and it is a good diner...it's adjacent to the Hampton Inn...anyway, you can't miss it...it's located at NYS Thruway exit and 84 in Newburgh...just down the road from there is a Johnny D's 50's style diner.

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 08:25 AM
annie

Laura:
At the NYS Thruway exit 10S is the Lexus Diner. Easy on ERasy off the Thruway. It is right on Route 9W.
If you like Italian food, the restaurant next door is Roma Nova. Great food and inexpensive, too
Enjoy!

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 11:59 AM
Laura

Exactly what I was looking for, thanks people.