Reload this Page >

did cruise ship (7 days) and 5 days freelance

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17th, 2000, 03:41 AM
pat disharoon

and enjoyed both. we went in sept. on the cruise ship we got patches. we needed them. it was very rough. however, the scenery was beautiful but very rainy. i do not feel that i would have truly seen alaska if i had not taken the 5 day freelance. on the princess cruise we left vancouver and ended in seward. while we were in juneau we took one of the helicopter tours which landed on a glacier. do not miss this. it is probably the most awesome site i have ever seen.rented a car and went to homer for the night.e-mail me if you need anymore info.

Old Sep 17th, 2000, 05:39 AM
sammiedawg

Any tips on getting good cruise fares? Which PRincess ship?? Where did you fly into?

Old Sep 17th, 2000, 07:08 AM
sailor

think you should repost this to the Cruise forum.

Old Oct 15th, 2000, 02:26 PM
pat disharoon

Hi: We're planning an Alaskan cruise/land tour. What would you not miss. Did you see Mt. McKinley?Did you go to Denali? There are so many cruise pkgs, but few contain Denali (at least with Holland). We'll be flying from Michigan.

Old Dec 20th, 2000, 05:41 AM
Lydia

Been on 4 Alaska cruises with Princess.
The next time I want to cruise the inside passage for 7 days then tour the southwestern part for a couple days. Have never been to that part. How can I do this? and what is interesting to see?
Does Princess have such a tour? I've been to Prudoe Bay and Nome so I want to go southwest. Love Alaska!

Old Dec 20th, 2000, 11:15 AM
Lydia Luckett

We've done 4 Alaska cruises with Princess but want to see other parts of Alaska. We want to take the Inside Passage again but do a guided tour to the southwestern part for a few days afterwards, what's an interesting way to do this?
We've been to the Northeast and the Northwest of Alaska. Any suggestions?

Old Jan 7th, 2001, 04:50 AM
doug caldwell

Will be taking cruise/land trip in June 2001. Therer are so many choices its gets confusing. Is it worth paying for an outside cabin for the view or do you spend most of your time up on deck anyway? Is a cruisetour worth the extra price - you get a dedicated agent to help guide you through the trip. What are the best land packages - McKinley, Denali. Any thought s would be most appreciated. Thanks

Old May 16th, 2001, 12:12 AM
lucy

for our first cruise, I shopped every 800 number cruise agent in America (it seemed). I was asking for the same room on the same Holland America ship, the same week. The cheapest I found was Annie Scrivanich at Cruise Advisors ([email protected])(No, i don't know her personally)
she got us a prime window table in our preferred dining time, had all sorts of good info and our papers were well organized. she even got us an upgrade. All this was over the phone.