Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Did anyone receive a trip as a Christmas Present?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26th, 2002, 08:13 AM
Mrs. Claus

Curious if any fodorites rec'd or gave any trips as a Christmas present? If yes, how did it go? and where are the destinations.

Old Dec 26th, 2002, 08:15 AM
meganoreilly

yes, for our Christmas present to eAch other my husband and I are going to Vegas for new years!

Old Dec 26th, 2002, 08:20 AM
Mrs. Claus

That's nice Meganoreilly.
We were there a month ago and had fun!

Old Dec 26th, 2002, 03:40 PM
Pat

My wife gave me a 10 day vacation to Maui in Feb. Condo in Kahana. Hope the water will be warm as I really love swimming in the ocean. The wife will also attend.

Old Dec 26th, 2002, 05:09 PM
Celine

We gave each other a trip to Lake Tahoe for the weekend of Jan 10-12 to go skiing. We'll be staying at the Hyatt, so should be nice!

Old Dec 26th, 2002, 06:31 PM
xxx

We gave each other a cruise for Feb.

Old Dec 26th, 2002, 08:22 PM
Julie

Trip to Spain next Fall. Am starting to plan now on Europe board!

Old Dec 26th, 2002, 10:29 PM
xxx

Hubby bought me a BMW for christmas, and yes it is a beautiful car but I would have rather gone to London for a week. I am guessing that since London is so expensive and so is a BMW that the cost would have been the same. Oh well, at least I now drive a car worthy of getting carjacked!!! seems no one not even criminals want the Saturn I drive now. To the other posters who got great trips from Santa, have fun!!!!

Old Dec 27th, 2002, 06:20 AM
tjc

My DH gave me the gift of time at the historic Brown Palace in Denver,the Denver Art Museum and The Tattered Cover book store.
We leave later today; I'm sure I'll come home with at least one new travel book!

Old Dec 27th, 2002, 06:29 AM
pjr

Received a trip to Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands.

Old Dec 27th, 2002, 07:17 AM
What

I'm sorry xxx, but did you say you thought a trip to London would cost the same as a BMW? What did he give you, a 1983 325i with rust?

Old Dec 27th, 2002, 08:26 AM
x

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've seen plenty of flights to London for around $300. Does the BMW have wheels? Or do you have no one else to share this wonderful news with?

Old Dec 27th, 2002, 08:54 AM
L

Boy! I wish I had been given a trip for Christmas! I have a trip planned for March but I've paid for that myself. To be given a wonderful trip, WOW, what a gift! I love to travel, but no, I got the average gifts. Have fun you lucky dogs.

Old Dec 27th, 2002, 08:59 AM
x

Husband and I gave each other a trip to Anguilla that we took a week ago. Parents gave us a weekend in New York we just got back from.

Old Dec 27th, 2002, 09:00 AM
x

I meant, we got back a week ago from Anguilla.

Old Dec 27th, 2002, 10:58 AM
Filing

My wonderful employer gave me a trip to the unemployment line. There goes my summer trip to London.
Also, my trip to London last year only cost what the tires on a BMW would cost. It was great and can't wait to get back there once more.

Old Dec 27th, 2002, 12:36 PM
xxx

Oh that is a shame. I think that will be my new years present. A trip to the unemployment line as well. You must work for Verizon.

Old Dec 27th, 2002, 05:38 PM
envy

I'm jealous! I want me a vacation for Xmas! I guess I better talk to the DH about that for next Xmas.
Have fun you lucky travelers!!!

Old Dec 28th, 2002, 05:35 PM
Lucky

Lucky me rec'd a trip from DH to Maui for xmas! We're excited. Going in the fall next year! I can't wait to start planning & packing!
ALOHA FODORITES!!!

Old Dec 30th, 2002, 01:02 AM
xxx

My BMW 525I is a 2000 and was used,it is very nice, but a week at Claridges Hotel and some serious shopping at Harrods would have cost the same. This trip is not the budget trip to London but a first class trip all the way. I do love the car, though......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -