DFW Airport Ground Transportation

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14th, 2015, 11:19 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In a couple of days, I am flying into DFW and need ground transportation from the airport to my hotel. I have read really, really bad reviews about SuperShuttle.

Can anyone please recommend either a taxi company or car service they have used? There are a number of taxis listed via google, but I would really like to hear some recommendations from Fodorites.

I admit that I am a little anxious about this.

Thanks so much.
Old Apr 14th, 2015, 11:31 AM

Where are you going?

SuperShuttle is what it is - a shared ride service that goes to a specific area. It's perfectly fine. If you're reading bad reviews on Yelp where a bunch of 20-somethings are complaining that they were the last to be dropped off, big deal. Ultimately, a shared ride service takes longer than your own cab unless you're the first rider dropped off.

If you want your own taxi, just take one. There is no point in picking and choosing a taxi service because there will be tons of cabs available at the terminal and the rates are uniform to downtown Dallas, if not by region (this is google-able). If you don't like the cab offered, take another one. If you want an uber driver or car service, that's different.

You are going to arrive into the fourth-busiest airport in the US (and by FAR the busiest in Texas). Your taxi options are not very limited.
Old Apr 14th, 2015, 12:06 PM

Received 46 Likes on 17 Posts
I agree. Go outside and get a taxi from the line.
Old Apr 14th, 2015, 12:10 PM
Original Poster

I figured I was overthinking this. I think I get worse about sweating details as I age.

Thanks.
Old Apr 14th, 2015, 12:44 PM

I've often used SuperShuttle from DFW. Yeah, sometimes I've been the last, particularly since I was headed for Richardson. But there are normally only 3-4 stops altogether, so no huge deal.