DFW airport

Aug 23rd, 2005, 01:44 PM
Original Poster

DFW airport

OK--I've been hearing horror stories about connecting at DFW. With the new train up and running, is it really still that bad? I've got two hours between flights on the leg out and 90 minutes between on the way back. I had no choice in what cities to connect through, so other than "connect through IAH," can anyone offer any advice on getting to my gate more efficiently? I have studied the airport map, btw. Thanks!
Aug 23rd, 2005, 01:59 PM

The new train is fast and frequent. You have plenty of time. Enough to ride the train around the airport many many times.

The walk will be significantly less than IAH.
Aug 23rd, 2005, 02:01 PM

DFW is not that difficult to get around. You don't say what airline you are flying in/out on so it's difficult to give you any specifice but with a 90 minute to 2 hour connecting time you shouldn't have much to worry about. For instance, if you are flying on American and connecting to an American flight you could be in the same terminal and even the same gate. Give us a little more info on your airlines(s) and arrival/departure times and destination cities for us to be more help.
Aug 23rd, 2005, 02:07 PM

You have more than enough time, even if you are connecting from an International to a Domestic flight. The new train is frequent, fast and convenient.
Aug 23rd, 2005, 02:13 PM

Scrabble...The train is slick.....No more than a 2 minute wait and you will likely not be on it more than 5 minutes...BUT...a tip:If a whole bunch of travellers are waiting to board, let them go on..The next train will be only 2 minutes.You MUST have a seat..Some people were standing and it lurches a bit and travels @ about 35mph.So just be sure to get on a car that has a seat.You will be fine.
Aug 23rd, 2005, 03:49 PM

Just went through DFW last month on AA connecting to San Antonio. No problems at all, except that when we dropped our rental car, the agency had the wrong gate listed for our flight. We still had plenty of time to get where we needed to be.
Aug 23rd, 2005, 05:41 PM
Original Poster

Thanks so much, guys! I really appreciate you all posting back. I'm flying American from HSV to RNO in September. Flight out arrives at 8 a.m., leaves for RNO at 10 a.m. Flight back arrives DFW about 5:30 p.m., leaves about 6:50 p.m. A friend is meeting me in RNO, so I'm good there. I've been looking at the DFW Web site and saw all the publicity about the new train. Good to know it actually works like it's supposed to. LOL. Anyway, thanks again guys!!
Aug 29th, 2005, 01:42 PM

How about 45 minutes? I am a little worried about my connection. I called the airline and they said that was a legal transfer time. Am I likely to miss my flight? I never have good luck where my next flight is in the same terminal. The airport claims that the train will get you to the next gate in 30 minutes.
Aug 29th, 2005, 01:46 PM

45 minutes is generally fine for DFW these days. There's no guarantee, but if the first flight is more or less on-time, you're fine.