Detroit trip again...NAIAS

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am going to be in Detroit again for the NAIAS, and I booked a room at the Fairfield Inn Livonia...Just wondering where the hotel is located are there any restaurants or shopping at that location (on Fox Drive and I275, i beleive). On a Saturday how's traffic from there to Cobo? How long is the trip in? Thanks, and looking forward to this years auto show.
Old Jan 16th, 2008, 06:18 PM

Assuming you have a car, you will be near a lot of restaurants and shopping. The Fairfield Inn is right off 275 & 6Mile. Next to it is a Boca de Pepo, on the other side of the highway is a pretty good mall - Von Maur, Parisian, all the regular stores like Gap, Eddie Bauer, etc... A little further down from the mall is a strip mall with a La Shish in it - a Detroit Franchise that has excellent Medetarian food.

On the opposite side of the higway one block over from the Fairfied is a ton of other restaruants. PF Changs, etc..

Cobo will be a 20-30 min drive.
Old Jan 16th, 2008, 06:19 PM

Hi there, the drive on a Saturday should be fine, and light traffic, maybe 20 minutes or so tops. There is plenty of shopping and restaurants in the Livonia and nearby Canton or Farmington Hills areas too. Not sure exactly where the Fairfield Inn is located but there is a very nice mall, Laurel Park Place off of I-275 and 6 Mile Rd. I believe, this is in Livonia also. Have Fun!!
Old Jan 16th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Original Poster

Yes, will have a car. I just found out about the mall across the highway from the hotel from Windows Live Local maps (birdseye view). Very handy website. Thanks for the answers to my post. I will make a trip report when I get back.
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Original Poster

Here's a question... Where is there in the immediate cobo area to grab a quick bite during the show? I know there is a few food stands inside the arena set up like a food court, but I would like to be able to leave the building and grab a lunch at maybe a very close place that i don't have to drive to, and it cant take to long to be away from the show. Any suggestions?
Old Jan 18th, 2008, 07:00 AM
Original Poster

ttt
Old Jan 18th, 2008, 07:39 AM

You can walk or take the People Mover to RenCen which has a food court on the lower level. For something a bit more substantial, there's Andiamo overlooking the river.

For a really quick bite, there's a Subway on Congress near Shelby, only about a block form Cobo.

Other options in the area are Tom's Oyster Bar on the corner of Jefferson & Beaubien or Greektown. Probably a little too far to walk in the cold, but a quick trip on the People Mover.
Old Jan 18th, 2008, 10:48 AM

Pack your woolies, it is going to be COLD this weekend! You might want to take a taxi to Greektown to get a nice lunch.

If you find yourself with extra time in Livonia, head to Ann Arbor and check out the campus. Lots to do there.

Have a good time at the show!