Denver Romantic Restaurant

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7th, 2009, 05:26 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone recommend a quiet romantic restaurant for an anniversary dinner on a Friday night in Denver?
Old Jul 7th, 2009, 06:01 PM

Lots of choices. We like Barolo, on Sixth avenue. I'm not sure if it's really quiet though, because seating isn't in booths.

What is your food preference?

How about getting a great hotel room or suite. Like at the Brown and get room service?
Old Jul 7th, 2009, 07:06 PM

We spent our anniversary last year at Fruition and it was excellent in every possible way. Here are the details:

Fruition Restaurant
http://www.fruitionrestaurant.com
1313 E 6th Ave
Denver, CO 80218
(303) 831-1962

Be sure to read the reviews on their web site and their Tripadvisor reviews http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restauran..._Colorado.html
(They are the #1 restaurant restaurant in Denver!)
Old Jul 7th, 2009, 07:20 PM

I would do dinner at Ave Grill on 17th. Have a martini at the bar then move to a window table. Make a reservation and ask for a table.

Then for dessert walk down to D Bar which is a dessert only restaurant. They do have small plates. Keagen from Food Network owns it with his wife. Get a seat at the bar and watch them make your dessert. It's fabulous! Get a glass of champagne too.
Old Jul 8th, 2009, 08:17 AM

Strings on 17th would give you your quiet romantic setting and one of the best restaurants in the Denver area. Barolo is great but, IMO, a typical Italian resturant -- very open, crowded, and noisy. Not familiar with Fruition. Another consideration would be The Fort in Morrison. If the weather is good, on the patio, sun sitting, lights of Denver coming on, it doesn't get a lot better. In some small ways, reminds me of Paris.

Are you local or out of town?
Old Jul 8th, 2009, 08:29 AM

I love the setting at Highland's Garden Cafe. There is a porch with one table for two if you want a more private dining experience.

www.highlandsgardencafe.com
Old Jul 8th, 2009, 09:41 AM

We eat at Barolo's once a month and, while they usually have a good crowd, they also have several booths and an extra room which is fairly quiet.One of the most romantic spots and favorite celebation tables is the table for two in front of the fireplace, or try the table for two at the back next to the window. Personally I don't consider Barolo's typical nor particularly noisy. They have a pasta selection but not the usual lasagna, spaghetti etc. They also have main course offerings of fish,filet,veal and their specialty duck. If you decide to go, just ask for a quiet, romantic table.

While I like Fruition, I woudn't consider romantic as the seating arrangement is crowded.
Old Jul 8th, 2009, 10:45 AM

historytraveler, thanks for the update and details on Barolo's. I think its excellent wine menu makes it romantic, too. We also like its neighborhood location, for quietude at night. We need to treat ourselves there again, ourselves!

We also love Avenue Grill (one of the best values in Denver), and Strings. Different vibes, for sure. Not sure those would be 'romantic', but probably because I've had a lot of business meals at both of those restaurants.

Way off-point, but I will make a wild suggestion. A beautiful, romantic, quiet, private, small, amazing food restaurant is at Devil's Thumb: their upscale Ranch House restaurant. It is awesome, in a gorgeous open setting, near Tabernash, CO. The lodge and cabins there have been newly built/renovated and they created a gorgeous resort and spa from the original old log lodge. It would be a beautiful anniversary get-away for a night or two. Surprise her or him!
Old Jul 13th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone
Old Jul 13th, 2009, 11:00 AM

My favorite restaurant is Cafe Brazil. It's small and you must get a reservation, but I think it's more than worth it. Don't cheat yourself and skip dessert either.

Cafe Brazil
4408 Lowell Blvd
Denver, CO 80211-1367
(303) 480-1877