COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Denver Restaurants

Old Dec 25th, 2000, 06:33 AM
betsy

Denver Restaurants

Happy Holidays to all....

Can anyone comment on the following Denver restaurants?

Potager
Beehive
Papillon
Aubergine
Le Central

Thanks!

betsy

Old Dec 26th, 2000, 02:29 PM
karen

Betsy, I'm familiar with: Papillon-upscale and expensive, but worth it; Le Central-moderate, bistro atmosphere, recommended; Aubergine-moderate +, excellent food, bistro atmosphere, recommended.

Others in the area are Barolo's ($$$), Strings($$$$$), Palamino's ($$$), Bravo($$$$), Radex ($$$$$) - I could go on and on. Enjoy! Karen

Old Dec 26th, 2000, 03:54 PM
betsy

Thanks Karen! I'm looking forward to trying them all....too bad I only have 2 days....

Can you recommend any particular place for breakfast?

Thanks!

betsy

Old Dec 27th, 2000, 02:55 PM
gb

Aubergine is great.

Old Dec 28th, 2000, 12:20 PM
Heather

Hi Betsey,
Potager is one of the greatest little restaurants I know. On Ogden St, it's a little off the beaten path, but it can fill up on a weekend night. All of the food is fresh and seasonal. You can also go there and relax with wine and sample the bar menu. Put it high on your list.
Beehive is also away from the downtown crowd, and I haven't been there, but I've heard great things, and the menu also changes seasonally.
Le Central is another good one- you've got good taste! I rec the Sunday brunch if you have the chance. This is also a nice place to go and have just dessert if you fill up somewhere else.
I've found Aubergine to be hit and miss, but many people rave about it.
I agree with Karen that Radex is another excellent choice- it's newer and draws a more hip crowd than the others.
For a good breakfast try Eggbeaters, by the museum.
Have a good time!

Old Dec 28th, 2000, 02:01 PM
betsy

Thanks so much for your input, Heather! I am going to print this out so I can put it with my trip folder. I am going to have to come back in order to try all these restaurants!

One more restaurant: has anyone dined at the Fourth Story, in the Tattered Cover?

Thanks again!

betsy

Old Feb 1st, 2001, 07:41 AM
wendy

the 4th floor is a one of my favorite places to eat. try the Sunday brunch. especially if you can include time on the other 3 floors looking at all the great books. try to get a table by the window. the food is delicious and the service is great. the tattered cover at cherry creek is a place i HAVE to stop when i amm in denver. i can always find the book i' searching for.

Old Feb 1st, 2001, 06:57 PM
Teresa

Betsy,

Yum--this is making me hungry! Add Vesta Dipping Grill (in LoDo) to your list--it's one of our favorites and has made several "Top 10" Denver restaurant lists. I know they have a website--not sure what it is, though. Happy eating!

Old Feb 1st, 2001, 10:36 PM
ldsant

Le Central is great, but make reservations. SKIP Beehive! We had made reservations and still had to wait one hour and hadn't been seated. The staff was really poor with handling it.

Good breakfast place - Walnut Cafe.

Enjoy!