Notices

Denver and vicinity

Old Jan 27th, 2019, 08:37 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Denver and vicinity

I am going Jan 31 st to Denver. I want to visit Red Rock and Colorado Spring. I do not know if I can do both in the same day. How long is required to see Red Rock? Garden of the Gods? any other outdoor attractions in the vicinity

Also my friends are going to be in a conference, any suggestions on what to see in Denver while I am alone,?

Thank you in advance
Old Jan 27th, 2019, 09:40 AM

Received 59 Likes on 4 Posts
Depends on where in Denver you're coming from - Red Rocks is located in Morrison, about 15 miles west of Denver.

Directions here:

https://www.redrocksonline.com/plan-...irections-maps

I've only been to Red Rocks for concerts and that was forever ago, so not sure how long you'd 'need' there, but take a look at their site for details.

Colorado Springs is about a hour's drive (70 miles) south of Denver - again drive time depends on where in Denver you're coming from and traffic, which can be a bear. There's a big construction project going on at The Gap, between Castle Rock and Monument on I-25 which might slow you down somewhat.

What do you hope to see in the Springs? We have red rocks here too - you might want to check out Garden of the Gods.
Old Jan 27th, 2019, 12:22 PM
Original Poster

Thanks
Old Jan 28th, 2019, 06:02 AM

Red Rocks and the area around it would be wonderful to drive around.
Garden of the Gods is not a favorite of mine and I think you could do some things IN Denver that would be as interesting
But IMO you could do both in the same day starting early. I'd go to theSprings first and then back to Red Rocks area.

How long are you in Denver "on your own". The Denver Art Museum is wonderful. Botanic Gardens also. Lots of good eating. Tattered Cover book store.
Instead of Garden of the Gods you could go up to Boulder and look around and visit the Celestial Seasonings factory tour.
In Westmenister on the way to Boulder is a butterfly pavilion.
Golden and the Coors Brewery and railroad museum (is ti there, Denverites?)
Old Jan 28th, 2019, 07:08 AM

Is that one day your only day to sightsee? If so, skip CO Springs and stay around Denver. However, if you have multiple days, visit the Springs for a full day and save Red Rocks for another day. I don't see the point of driving all the way down there just for Garden of the Gods - if you aren't visiting anything else in CO Springs, don't make the drive.
Old Jan 28th, 2019, 06:30 PM
Original Poster

Thank you
Old Jan 28th, 2019, 06:30 PM
Original Poster

Thank You
Old Jan 30th, 2019, 09:18 AM

Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree with WhereAreWe. Visit Red Rocks, look at dinosaur fossils, stop in Morrison, eat at The Fort. https://thefort.com/menus/

Skip the trip south. Our weather is unpredictable this time of year, and driving I-25 south to the Springs can be a nightmare in bad weather.