Delray Beach Honeymoon

Apr 8th, 2002, 06:48 AM
Susan

Delray Beach Honeymoon

In 3 weeks I will be going on my honeymoon to Delray Beach. Can anyone suggest any fun or romantic things we can do while we visit. (Besides laying on the beach, of course!)

Apr 8th, 2002, 08:43 PM
Mia

Delray Beach ???
That's where you retire to, not honeymoon!! Drive down to Ft Lauderdale and Miami at least.

Apr 15th, 2002, 09:36 AM
Bob

Where are you staying? Delray is a great city. You should hit Atlantac ave. which has alot a great restarants and bars including live bands. Try City Oyster a great restarant. Ask for a booth and take your time. Calamari is very good. It is true that Ft. Lauderdale or South Beach are great and you should do day trips to both. You can not beat the beach in Delray. If you can give me a little more of what you and yours like to do I can give you more info.

Apr 15th, 2002, 10:35 AM
Johnlw

It has been a while since I have been down there, but I remember some delightful Japanese Gardens. I think there was a small entrance fee.

Go down to West Palm and stroll Worth Avenue. Pretend you can afford something. There were a few outdoor cafes for lunch.

Apr 22nd, 2002, 05:28 AM
Susan

Thanks for all your help. My FH and I like museums and art galleries. We also like parks and gardens. Also, we are very big on Italian food.

Apr 22nd, 2002, 01:06 PM
evelyntrav

The Japanese Gardens referred to in an earlier reply are the Morekami Gardens in Boyton Beach. They are just lovely.

Apr 22nd, 2002, 01:37 PM
Susan

We have been going to Delray Beach for over 20 years! First trip was the year b/f we got married. We always drive down to Ft. Fauderdale for at least one meal at Charlie's Crab on the intracoastal. (It's not Italian but you may want to check it out anyway!).
You say you are going in 3 weeks. Be mindful of sea lice which are prevalent in the Delray area form approx. "Mother's Day to Father's Day" although it can be anytime just before or after those dates. Watch for the warning flags on the beach. You can also call (561) 272-3224 (27B-EACH) for updates.

Apr 23rd, 2002, 04:26 AM
Susan

Thanks for the advice on Charley's Crab, we will definately check it out. Actually we are going this next week 4/29 to 5/4. I'm sure we'll have a great time.

Apr 23rd, 2002, 04:44 AM
HarryR

Susan - Check your e-mail.

Search this Thread