Search

deleted threads

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18th, 2001, 07:08 AM
kim

deleted threads

Has fodor's deleted a bunch of threads recently? I was looking for the "Where's Caitlin" thread because I had read that she had posted and the search does not bring it up. Then I was looking for the thread started by "needs a tutor" about the middle east and it is gone. What is going on around here?

Old Sep 18th, 2001, 07:21 AM
Bruce

I have noticed some threads that the people must have thought was politically incorrect missing also- sad!

Old Sep 18th, 2001, 07:35 AM
Me

kim: LOTS of threads are missing. "Needs a tutor" started to post two threads today - both were deleted within minutes. I, too, was looking for the original "Where's Caitlin" thread & it's gone - don't get it.

Old Sep 18th, 2001, 07:50 AM
Needs a Tutor

It is so sad that Fodors doesn't think it can treat us like adults. The discussions that were deleted were very helpful and mature, in my opinion.

Yes, I know I am a guest here and Fodors can do what it likes. But they have allowed some of the most putrid threads to bounce around the board untouched in the past, and now they decide to take a stand when many of us just want to get information in this time of tragedy.

What a waste.

Old Sep 18th, 2001, 08:43 AM
censors

I notcied this a few days ago, also. Shame.

Old Sep 18th, 2001, 12:07 PM
Freedoms

Theads seem to be disappearing faster than I can even answer them. Do we really need a Big Brother/Daddy to protect us? Are we no longer capable of defending ourselves?

Old Sep 18th, 2001, 12:12 PM
George

I noticed the other night when a "Clint" started a thread about watching "Band of Brothers", saying he did not want to see that kind of warfare and would prefer other methods - that thread was immediately taken off. Apparently Fodors thinks we're a bunch of children who cannot discuss war and peace intelligently. If they're afraid that someone may say something disturbing, good Lord, look around you, Fodors! This world has changed for Americans TOTALLY - we'd better be able to talk about all the options, and what the future might hold, because it's happening, whether we talk about it or not!!! Please don't treat us as though we're mindless, and can't handle mere words!

Old Sep 18th, 2001, 12:18 PM
D.J.

Fodors-this is for you.I think that there are not enough threads being deleted. This is a travel forum either let everything fly or get it narrowed down to the proper threads.Everyone who posts here can stop being lazy and get themselves to a political forum.If you don't have travel advice or questions hit the road. Just for the record I think that this thread is trivial and needs to be deleted as well.

Old Sep 18th, 2001, 12:19 PM
D.J.

Oh yah, I saw that you got rid of my troll.