Delaware Beaches

Jan 27th, 2009, 09:37 AM
Original Poster

Delaware Beaches

We know it will be cold, but we just want to walk on the beach and see the ocean no matter what the temperature might be! Would Rehoboth be the place to go? Or do you recommend Bethany? We love to walk, bike and explore. Any recommendations for accomodations?
Jan 27th, 2009, 09:51 AM

We have our beach house in Ocean City, MD just a few miles south of Bethany - but we love to hang out in Bethany !! I would think that you would find a lot more accomodations in OC. The beaches between Bethany and OC are some of the best beaches on the east coast. Rehoboth is toooo commercial for me. Dewey beach is really nice too and I know they have some nice places to stay there. Dewey is between Bethany and Rehoboth. Hope I have been of some help.
Jan 27th, 2009, 01:44 PM

I have to say that I find Ocean City, MD much, much more commercial than Rehoboth. Off season, I would choose Rehoboth over Bethany. I love Bethany, but there is just more to do in Rehoboth in the winter.
Jan 27th, 2009, 02:03 PM

Off season Rehoboth will be nice -- lots to do. Bethany is nice and is more residential. Unless you're into partying, Dewey is not so great, although quieter off season.

I agree OC is very commercial.
Jan 27th, 2009, 03:30 PM

I'm usually a big Rehoboth booster -but a word of caution that the town is rebuilding the boardwalk this winter. Access is limited, and you can still get to the beach though.

Rehoboth downtown has more going on than Bethany in the winter. And if your plan is for this weekend, then by all means check out Rehoboth Sunday at 1 pm for the Polar Bear Plunge - when thousands of hearty souls take a dip in the ocean to benefit Delaware Special Olymics.

Boardwalk Rebuilding:
http://tinyurl.com/baj7nz

Polar Bear Plunge:
http://www.plungede.org/
Jan 28th, 2009, 07:05 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info! Any recommendations for accomodations in Rehoboth?