DC hotel

Sep 29th, 1998, 01:47 AM
louis leblanc

DC hotel

We need a hotel ($100-150) for Nov. weekend on capitol hill or downtown DC. Prefer near metro. Please help with your suggestions. Thanks!

Sep 29th, 1998, 04:57 AM
ilisa

On Capitol Hill, you may want to try the Holiday Inn or the Hyatt. They are across the street from each other on New Jersey Avenue. Both are near Union Station and the metro, as well as within walking distance to the Capitol. Other hotels in that area are the Phoenix Park, Washington Court Hotel and George (brand new hotel). Let me know if you need any more info on DC.

Sep 29th, 1998, 09:39 AM
kam

Ask at any hotel if they have a special weekend rate, also you are "off season" so should get a pretty good room rate. I would rather stay downtown than on Capitol Hill as there is more to do around you. You are correct in noting that closeness to the Metro is very important.

Sep 30th, 1998, 01:39 AM
louis

Thanks for the info. Now I thini I would rather stay downtown. Any hotel ideas? Thanks!!

Sep 30th, 1998, 01:33 PM
ilisa

Where downtown to stay? Now that's broad! If you stay near the Farragut North metro, you will be in walking distance of the White House and the Mall area. On the corner of 16th and K is the Capitol Hilton as well as the Carlton (a pricier, but very nice hotel). Also on 16th is the Hay-Adams. A couple blocks away on 15th and M is the Madison. Another hotel, though big and impersonal is the Renaissance on 9th near the Gallery Place metro. On Pennsylvania about a block from the White House is the J.W. Marriott. There are many places in the Georgetown area, but there is no metro there. Let me know if you need more information.