Day Tour from Boston Airport

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11th, 2007, 06:09 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We (57&59 year old woman & man)arrive at Boston Airport 08:49 AM & fly out at 17:53 PM April 30-2007.Would like to do day tour maybe something like Old Town Trolly or Bean Town Trolly ( ? same thing)What would be the best way to get from airport to their closest pick up?pick ups at http://www.bostontours.us/hotels/pic...fm?tour_id=520
I guess my first question should have been would this be doable in our time frame? We should be back to airport 1 to 1 1/2 hr before flight leaves so would really only have approx 5 or 6 hours.
Warren

Old Feb 11th, 2007, 06:40 AM

Yes, this is very do-able, since Boston's airport is only minutes from downtown and is served by the subway system. Outside the terminal, take the free shuttle to the Airport subway station, take the Blue Line (your only option anyway) to the Aquarium station area, where you'll find several tour vendors vying for your attention.

There is no need for you to get bogged-down in a hotel shuttle when what you want is a downtown tour. Check the websites for www.beantowntrolley.com and Old Town is at http://www.historictours.com/boston/ . IMHO the latter is preferable.
Old Feb 11th, 2007, 11:04 AM
Original Poster

Thankyou very much for the info. We are going to make some plans around this. If anyone has any other info please share it with us. The Faneuil Hall Marketplace looks like a place you could spend the day.
Warren
Old Feb 11th, 2007, 12:52 PM

Faneuil Hall Marketplace is just a few minutes' walk from the Aquarium, so you could take your trolley tour (hopping off and on if you like) and then spend the final hours at Faneuil Hall area, which is very convenient to public transport to the airport. Lovely buildings, mostly upscale shopping and fast food nowadays, many of the same stores as your local mall but a very different environment. If you have a chance to listen to any of the Faneuil Hall interpreters, do so; I believe they're affiliated with the National Park Service.
Old Feb 11th, 2007, 03:29 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Anonymous,really appreciate your help.
Warren
Old Feb 11th, 2007, 06:17 PM

My recommendation would be to take the water taxi from the airport to the harborside. You can pick up the hop on/hop off trolley nearby. If the weather is nice, the boat ride is gorgeous and the trolley is a terrific way to see Boston for first time visitors. Recommend riding the entire route, then hopping off wherever you found most appealing during the tour.

Faneuil Hall/Quincy Marketplace is definitely terrific for spending several hours. There's an amazing indoor food court with everything imaginable, and many restaurants on the exterior with table set outdoors, wonderful for watching the passing parade and the performers. If you have extra time, you may also want to wander through the nearby North End, which is also convenient to catching transport back to the airport.
Old Feb 12th, 2007, 01:31 AM
Original Poster

Thanks djkbooks
I went to the website and that looks easy and really neat. Here is the website incase someone else wants to check it out.
http://www.citywatertaxi.com/
thanks again.
Warren